Author Topic: Burglary  (Read 12119 times)

Offline valleyboy

Burglary
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 13:57:13 PM »
Hi all, Has any work been done to finish off the gym & sauna in the basement of our block (B Block)????? Tony & Kay

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
Hi Tony and Kay, to answer your question (as I have not got round to writing properly to you yet!) - NO! The only work going on with the rest of Symbola is the usual man doing the odd bit of gardening and stairwell cleaning. Otherwise all activity is focused on D Block.

The little shop is generally trying to be used by most of us who live here as it is a godsend in the winter. No more tramping up and down the hill just for a 50 kurush loaf of bread. I have also been told that within a week or so he is hoping to get his alcohol and tobacco licence and i believe he is going to set up a home delivery service. He is planning on a leaflet drop soon so when that happens I will let everyone know. His prices on some items are a little bit more than in the town, but that (for me) is overridden by the concenience factor. He has cheese, eggs, yoghurt, turkey sausages (not too bad) sucuk, crisps,nuts and snack things, biscuits, shampoo, washing powder and conditioner, candles, sweets, tea, coffee, coffee mate, icing sugar, loo rolls, cooking oil, cleaning products etc etc.

Offline amanda bullock

Burglary
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »
Hi,to  every body.happy new year! really nice that we can all keep in touch in Deliktas,Joanna, you're a god send living there,with all the updates etc.It's awful being here and not knowing what is happening around the area.If anyone goes out could they please post various photo's so we can see what is happening.Really pleased that the little shop has reopened,very handy there.
Hopr to see you all sometime this year.xxx

Offline valleyboy

Burglary
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
Thanks Joanna, I have to agree with Amanda it's great for us that you are there "full" time, apart from being envious, it can be very frustrating at times not being there., especially when there is more development going on !!.
Good news about the little shop I hope it's a success, it sounds very handy for us "trolls" living so far up the valley !!.
A belated Happy New Year to you all, and look forward to seeing you all later in the year. T & K

Offline amanda bullock

Burglary
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 18:37:07 PM »
:Dtrolls.lol

Offline sporran

Burglary
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 20:41:52 PM »
Great to see the "Green Valley" forum up and running again and we are all talking to each other about issues that concern us all whether we are resident there or not. Lets keep it going. Niall & Leasa

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 06:03:47 AM »
I have some pictures of D Block, and when I figure out how to do it I will post them. Will try and do it today (after marking students' homework!!)

Offline telsoo

Burglary
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 23:07:19 PM »
Hi Joanna
Like Happy Mondays(Doug) we have one of the apartments at Forest Hills facing Symbola and it is nice to get updates from the area.
Thank you
Terry and Susan

Offline joannasal

Burglary
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
Did not get round to pics yesterday, sorry Trolls!!

Up date today - torrential rain and a really weird sky! Almost illuminous.

It is good that we all keep in touch and it is also nice for me to get to know some more people where I live. Most of the people I currently know are from Calis or Ovacik and I am called 'the lady on the hill' (note to Tony - not a troll!!).

Have a happy day everyone

Offline sporran

Burglary
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »
Hi Joanna, hope you can work out how to put some photos on for us all, it would be very interesting to watch the progress of D block. Niall & Leasa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf