Author Topic: "Supporting Sustainable Boat Tourism..."  (Read 8929 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

"Supporting Sustainable Boat Tourism..."
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 13:41:12 PM »
I don't live in Turkey so my opinion is less valid than theirs. Something I've encountered so many times over there. Someone who has been living there for 6 months is an expert, if the person they are talking to has only been there 3

You made the above comment about me.You accused me of being someone being someone who professes to know all and lived in the country for 6 month. I am correcting what you wrongly presumed.

Offline tintin1504

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 13:43:15 PM »
New Balls Please!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 13:45:29 PM by tintin1504 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 13:44:16 PM »
Nice edit

quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff
You made the above comment about me.You accused me of being someone being someone who professes to know all and lived in the country for 6 month. I am correcting what you wrongly presumed.

Not at all, I read from your intro exactly how long you have lived in Turkey before posting. You moved 3 years ago. I was talking about people I have met in general who think they know it all after 6 months, not you at all. Wrong AGAIN!

Yes I have much to do today so rather than listen to people who come to my website and moan about litter, coach parking and just about everything else (including this website) I shall get on with things. You carry on living your self-declared "peed off" life and I'll carry on enjoying mine to the full :D

Now we must get back to the topic which I vaguely recall was a positive attempt to address issues facing boat tourism.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 13:48:47 PM »
Good to see you are not totally senile and have a vague memory.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 13:49:50 PM »
I wish you were (a vague memory)

Back on topic now please

Offline Mazza09

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2010, 21:59:16 PM »
as always i am way behind reading this, but found it hilarious none the less. All that bickering over a load of old rubbish :D, very entertaining.
just out of interest though (and not wanting to start another dispute:P) but do they have public rubbish dumps in turkey (other than the forest or the seafront)? I dont live there, just a frequent visitor so not aware of these things.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2010, 22:27:13 PM »
Turkey to me seems to be one of the very few countries i have been to that dont seem to recycle plastic bottles sitting fishing outside the flamingo last week there were 17 water bottles floating in the sea ,i managed to get only two out the others were to far to reach ,the Gypsies seem to take every thing out of the rubbish bins except them why no recycling very strange. ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2010, 23:08:12 PM »
They don't stay long in the bins in Gunlukbasi Lance.  I don't bother putting them in now when we're over, just place them in a seperate bag at the side.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:14 AM »
There was a recycling area at the back of the old wholesale veg market which has now been cleared I assume pending the sites proposed redevelopment. There were mountains of plastic bottles sorted there but don't know where/if they have relocated :)

Offline Chinook

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2010, 16:08:06 PM »

The original post , before the boys started spitting dummies, may be related to the soon to be implemented restrictions on discharge of grey and black water, anchoring, diving etc.

http://www.noonsite.com/Members/sue/R2009-11-11-4

This could impact not only on yachts but on all pleasure boats including the pleasure trips.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf