Author Topic: Any English groups / meet-up in Fethiye?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline smilingeyes

Any English groups / meet-up in Fethiye?
« on: February 18, 2010, 16:13:45 PM »
Hi, I am staying in a village near esen for a few weeks and I come into Fethiye on the dolmus once or twice a week.  This may be a long shot, but I wondered if there are any English people meeting up in Fethiye, or maybe even turkish lessons for english people or something like that?

I don't speak much Turkish and my english speaking friends leave next week so I am thinking I may feel a little isolated.

I am not sure how long I'll be staying, probably until second or third week in March, but possibly until mid april.

Any suggestions would be really welcome.

Many thanks

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 14:55:09 PM by smilingeyes »

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 17:13:02 PM »
There are a row of bars on the right hand side of Fethiye harbour which often have British people in,near to the culture centre. One of the bars organises walks as well.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 17:40:48 PM »
The very nice people at FIG the international charity in Fethiye have a coffee morning on Wednesdays at 10:00-12:00 at the Tadim Cafe on the marina, behind Carrefor supermarket.
We have been a few times when over here and have found them to be a lovely friendly bunch.

Offline hazel dorrington

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 09:40:13 AM »
Hi smilingeyes, is this a one off visit or are you coming back for longer stays. I don't arrive back to Turkey until mid March, but am trying to get a coffee morning going. Mainly for meeting people who want to arrange excursions/exploring etc and don't want to do it alone.
I usually spend spring and autumn in Calis.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 13:01:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Fraser

The very nice people at FIG the international charity in Fethiye have a coffee morning on Wednesdays at 10:00-12:00 at the Tadim Cafe on the marina, behind Carrefor supermarket.
We have been a few times when over here and have found them to be a lovely friendly bunch.

As a member of FIG Thank You Jim.

Yes Everyone is always made welcome at the FIG coffee morning a great place to make new friends.

Offline smilingeyes

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 14:54:25 PM »
Thank you so much for the replies, they are really helpful

Jim and Jules - I will definitely come to the FIG coffee morning - I may not be able to make it next week as that is my friends' last day here, but I hope to come along the following week.

Hazel - I come to this area a couple of times a year. If I am still here when you arrive I'll be happy to help you while I'm here.  I'll be back towards end Sept ready for the olive season, and will probably stay until end Nov/beginning Dec.

Daffodil - thanks for the tip, I'll check these places out too.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll be pleased to hear from you.

Thanks again

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 16:26:39 PM »
Get down to cafe pazar nearly opp the calis sunday market always plenty of English in there.:D ;)

Offline poppy50

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 12:57:23 PM »
Hi

Just returned from fethiye and can recommend Cafe Inn opposite Cafe Pazar.  We found the people friendly and food is good too. We were always given a good welcome. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf