Author Topic: Another Rumour  (Read 12734 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Another Rumour
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 06:46:30 AM »
And nobody ever considers that the turks might want these outlets, after all it is their country. How would you feel if there were no macd's, burgerking, kentucky fried, chinese, indian, kebabs, etc etc in the UK, only roast beef and yorkshires allowed, you are all trying to impose what you think the turks should have, are they not entitled to choices. As I said it is their country.

Oh!! and Burgerking has done very well during the winter months without the tourists, funny enough, it is full of turks every day.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:49:30 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Precious

Another Rumour
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:17 AM »
I can't understand the fuss about the Mc Donald's! If you don't like it, don't go there!

Offline sandgrounder

Another Rumour
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

And nobody ever considers that the turks might want these outlets, after all it is their country. How would you feel if there were no macd's, burgerking, kentucky fried, chinese, indian, kebabs, etc etc in the UK, only roast beef and yorkshires allowed, you are all trying to impose what you think the turks should have, are they not entitled to choices. As I said it is their country.

Oh!! and Burgerking has done very well during the winter months without the tourists, funny enough, it is full of turks every day.

100% agree with you Baz. I know lots of Turkish people who can't wait for McDonalds to open:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Another Rumour
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 08:28:59 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

I don't think there is any comparison with going to an Authentic Indian or Chinese Restaurant to have a meal and going to an American fast food joint.

In my humble opinion they are souless places with indifferent food.   Children and some adults are hypnotised by advertisements that it's cool to eat in them. I think the worry is they are like a rash they soon spread and make an original holiday resort look like all the others. How would we feel if a chain of Burgerkings's KFC's and MacD's opened along the seafront at Calis? I think this is the worry for us in the U.K. we love coming to Calis because it's different and unspoilt by Western fast food.    Perhaps that is selfish of us and perhaps the Turks love America fast food.  However, we put a lot of money into the Turkish economy in the Fethiye area,  so perhaps we can be allowed to have an opinion as to what happens in our favourite place?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 08:30:01 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Another Rumour
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
I don't really think putting money into a foreign economy does afford you an opinion on whether there should be a McDonalds! You are entitled to an opinion, of course you are - but I don't think it should be allowed to count for anything locally. Better to have opinions on things that matter like the two dolphins in a bath freak show up the hill, things that really matter and things that local people and adopted cousins can stand firmly together on.

Do you know, I've read hundreds of posts for and against this and Burger King similarly over the last 6 years, and in all that time I have never heard a Turk say he/she didn't want one in town. Not once. I genuinely believe you shouldn't stand in the way of what the people want. I thought the same in Bedfordshire when various immigrant groups sought to change very British things and I don't change just because I am now effectively the outsider.

By the way, yes I'd love to see a Burger King on Calis seafront. Anything that gives competition should raise overall standards, and that would be great.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Another Rumour
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »
I would miss the 1TL cornets from Burger King.lol.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Another Rumour
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 09:29:50 AM »
i will  pop in for the odd big mac if i have the need for one:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Another Rumour
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

i will  pop in for the odd big mac if i have the need for one:D

errr where does that fit in with the diet:D

Offline Diverbaz 1

Another Rumour
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 09:58:51 AM »

quote:
However, we put a lot of money into the Turkish economy in the Fethiye area, so perhaps we can be allowed to have an opinion as to what happens in our favourite place?

Yes, let the tourist decide, the visitors to UK should be able to do the same. Another Alton Towers in the Tower of London would be good, give the kids something to do. After all the tourists put a lot of money into the economy. What a load of cr*p.

I would think I put more in to the Turkish economy than a tourist, because I live here, but I am happy to let the Turks open shops that they want in their country.

Offline valleyboy

Another Rumour
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 10:01:23 AM »
I also do not necessarily agree with the spread of the global corporate "virus" of the McDonalds chain, but things change and I guess we have to accept that and look to the positives, though we should all have the freedom of speech to comment.

Must agree however with Scunner's comment about putting things into perspective with the comparison with opening of a restaurant and the plight of 2 healthy mammals to be kept in large bath.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf