Author Topic: BBQ With Good Cause at Deniz Cafe - 4th April  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BBQ With Good Cause at Deniz Cafe - 4th April
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »
There is a BBQ event at the Deniz Cafe in Fethiye (lovely waterfront location across the road from Ata Park Hotel) on April 4th. We have been to their BBQs before and they are excellent.

Price is 20 Lira for the BBQ including your first drink which is great value, especially as 5TL of that will be going to support students at university who could use a helping hand.

Ilknur/Rosie who many of us know is arranging this (English teacher Rosie  :) ) and you can contact her on ilknurhedef2010@hotmail.com to arrange your attendances :D

Even without the charity aspect, if you haven't been to Deniz Cafe before it's well worth the experience, lovely location, lovely people and lovely BBQ.

I commend it to the CBF  8)

Offline margob

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:42:44 AM »
bbq sounds great to me hope to be there.myself my son daughterinlaw and there four little girls.

Offline margob

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 00:29:38 AM »
do you know if cafe is weelchair frendly                                                                                                           s        shophie aged 9 is in a little eletric weelchair

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 13:41:31 PM »
there are steps down to it..but am sure it wont take the staff long to muster up a few strong lads to carry her and chair down.

Offline busybee

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 17:26:51 PM »
Went there today for lunch only a handful of folk there and waited over an hour for our meal, not thats its a chore overlooking the bay!!  The salad and bread was gorgeous but this turned up half and hour before the chicken shish and we was so hungry we scoffed it. Didnt think the chicken was anything special and the chips turned up when we were nearly finished.  Perhaps it was just an off day and we will try it again.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »
Does anyone know if they still have the open mic afternoons here on a Sunday?  We had a fab afternoon here last summer - the food was good, and there were some brilliant singers/musicians.  And such a gorgeous location.

A guy who was a session musician for Paul Weller borrowed hubby's guitar and did a few numbers - his guitar has never sounded so good!!  :o:D

Would appreciate it if someone could find out if these will be running again through the summer.   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 13:20:23 PM »
Did Bruce get up and rattle out a few numbers too?

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 13:32:01 PM »
He sure did Scunner!!  Though he felt a bit intimidated having to sing and play after the Paul Weller guy!!  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf