Author Topic: Liverpool - Elif Lark Lane and new one in Woolton  (Read 4725 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Liverpool - Elif Lark Lane and new one in Woolton
« on: May 05, 2010, 13:31:05 PM »
The Elif BBQ restaurant in Lark Lane has become so popular that it has now had to buy premises next door to extend. An excellant restaurant.

New one opening in Woolton village (Liverpool) this Saturday night. BBQ grill has been made and shipped over from Turkey...Staff are lovely and friendly (all Turkish). Operates as "The Village Bistro" during the daytime, but will be an authentic Turkish BBQ restaurant by night. Menus will be ready this week. If you are from our part of the world, do give it a try. Its fighting against 2 Chinese and 2 Indian restaurants, and I hope it does well.

Offline cheers

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 14:09:17 PM »
Where about exactly is it Sue?

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 14:35:55 PM »
Hi Linda,
I emailed you, but for public information, it is in between "Lets Eat" and Marias hairdressers, opposite Davis Travel Agents (which have been there for years!) Its called the Village Bistro. Not sure if they will be changing their name, if so I shall update.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 19:13:13 PM »
Went on Saturday night linda.....it was superb. One of my friends with us was a Turkish woman who is married to an English guy...and she was very impressed with everything. The food was plentiful, as fresh as can be and so tasty. Efes on the house at the end of the night sealed it for us, we shall definately be going back.

Offline cheers

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 19:38:09 PM »
Will definitely have to try it then Sue!!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 17:23:32 PM »
there are now two more in the local South Liverpool area....one called "Eton Place" next door to the Halfway House....and you can take your own wine, which makes it all the better!!! (and waiter is from Hisaronu!) and another that has just opended up at the Childwall Fiveways opposite the Fiveways pub (and on the same side as Owens Restaurant) So thats now THREE in the Woolton area... :)))

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 18:47:07 PM »
sue there is a great restuarant in blundell street called Ephesus

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 16:16:32 PM »
yes, and two more now in South Liverpoool, one near to the Halfway House Pub on Woolton Road called Eton Place, L16, the other at Childwall Fiveways, Liverpool 16. Been to Eton Place, very very nice. NOt yet been to the one at the Fiveways, but believe its very good. Five Turkish Restaurants now in South Liverpool, not counting any that might be in city centre.....getting popular!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 21:23:49 PM »
ooooh, wish I was back in the motherland.  Seeing the addresses made me quite homesick.:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf