Author Topic: Animal Lovers  (Read 2169 times)

Offline The Crinklies

Animal Lovers
« on: May 14, 2010, 13:07:20 PM »
We have been asked by Serkan the Vet to post this on the forum.
He has a special dog that needs a home. Not unusual you may think, but the circumstances of how this came about, are!!

He went to Kas from Fehiye on his scooter, which is not something that he would usually do. He likes driving, fancied a change and off he went!
He came across this dog who was in need of help and to cut a long story short, he brought her back to Fethiye on the scooter!
Anyone who knows Serkan, knows that he has a special way with animals and she trusted him enough to sit on his lap with her head on his shoulder all the way!!

She is about 3 & a half years old, medium size, is mixed colours and is blind. She has a lovely nature and is looking for a safe home, lots of tlc and regular food/water.
She has had puppies previously and Serkan has sterilised her. He is treating her blindness which he thinks may have been caused by a traffic accident and is hopeful that he may be able to save the sight in her right eye, but of course her blindness could be permanent.
Can you offer her a home? If so, please contact Serkan directly (mention the forum)or email us for his contact telephone number.

Thank you for reading.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Animal Lovers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 13:33:15 PM »
IMPORTANT: The "Other Local Resorts & Areas" forums will close on June 7th, when they will still be here but on a "read-only" basis. You can reply to topics right up to and including that date if you choose to, but are encouraged to start new topics for the areas by signing up to their new home, found at http://www.fethiye.co.uk/forum/  Thanks!

:)

Offline scottishcouple

Animal Lovers
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 15:13:26 PM »
We go to a city farm near us and over the years have taken home animals that they couldn't find a home for. A few years ago we took home a blind rabbit (she was born without eyes), we called her Stevie. You wouldn't believe the way she found her way around the garden and up and down stairs. She was very special, but sadly died last November. But this wee dog sounds great. Whoever takes her on will be lucky to have her. p.s. the person who ran the city farm died in November (aged 81) he had a wee Jack Russell so we now have her and she makes us smile all the time :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 15:17:05 PM by scottishcouple »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Animal Lovers
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 15:24:51 PM »
Oh she sounds a sweetheart.  I hope someone will have the kindness and the time to devote to providing a caring home for her.  I don't know Serkan, but he sounds a wonderful person. :)

Offline miaspyro

Animal Lovers
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 21:12:48 PM »
hope you find the dog a good home., blind dogs manage really well, and seem to almost sense where they are, also might be nice if put with another dog as they often act as the other dogs eyes, nature is wonderful.  xx good luck

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 06:27:58 AM »
SO hope this doggie finds a home-I would love to have her, but not practical for me or my home.  Dear thing-and Serkan hat off to you mate.

Offline The Crinklies

Animal Lovers
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 19:55:48 PM »
This lovely dog still needs a home. The sight in her right eye could not be saved therefore she will be permanently blind.
Can you help by offering her a safe, loving home?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf