Author Topic: Belediye Water  (Read 4436 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Belediye Water
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »
I think it's terrible the builders get away with this. Apparently they can do what they like. No laws to protect consumers in Turkey eh

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Belediye Water
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
In fairness it depends on who the builder is. Some actually do stand by their promises. Some others are far better at marketing than they are at building.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Belediye Water
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 09:49:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by littlereddevil

I think it's terrible the builders get away with this. Apparently they can do what they like. No laws to protect consumers in Turkey eh

Well actually there are. The apartments at the back of our house were built on a lake a few years back and they are leaning so bad and flooding every year that a couple of owners traced the builder and have taken him to court. After 2 hearings his assets have been frozen and they await the fate of the apartment block (fix or bulldoze). It's a long and costly process but in this case it looks like the owners might get some recompense (and we might get our view back).

Offline DavidNicholson

Belediye Water
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 14:36:53 PM »
Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Our main "site" meter is not under the pool, but by one of the entrances to the site - the monitoring has not been checked as no-one knew we were being "monitored".

The Mayor, Mr Keramettin, together with the chief representative of the water department, have told one enquirer that the facts are that we will have to pay for a new installation of pipework, and that we are liable for the "lost" water.

It is very hard to know whether we are getting the truth, and whether they can make these enforcements.  There is much distrust, and much resistance, and in particular, the involvement of the Mayor does not enhance the trust aspect.

We have been told that there are several other sites affected in a similar way ............... anyone else out there affected???

Offline BM06

Belediye Water
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 14:59:16 PM »
i had a problem a year ago i had a bill for 1,600 ytl for the month of oct,i turn the main stop cock on when i need to fill the feeder tank and always turn it off when full, i said this was not right, i even went to the mayor, i said the meter must have slipped? they said i had to pay or they would cut me off, i had no choice, i wish you luck, but i would not hold your breath.

Offline Andrew H

Belediye Water
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
I am very suspicious about this all. Our site water meter is also at the entrance to the development [13 villas]. It is not our  job to monitor that but I do monitor my own individaul meter. Although the garden is watered 5 days  a week in the season plus the usual water usage in the villa it seems to be about the same as last year.

Have the Beliydere indicated a cost for "lost" water or pipe laying and how do they know the leak is within the villa and not before it reaches the main meter?

Offline peecee

Belediye Water
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 05:46:52 AM »
Am I reading this right in that the Belediye are 'looking' at Hanel Houses only?
IMO it might be an idea to get some legal advice, especially knowing who you are having to deal with.  Can they legally turn the water off if you're in dispute?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:52:09 AM by peecee »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf