Author Topic: Calis Beach Over-rated?  (Read 16112 times)

Offline tonyb

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 14:50:20 PM »
Oh Dear,there had to one,Scunner.As the expression goes,you can please some of the people, blah blah.Been there, loved it(and it does have its faults)came back,and back. I do sometimes wonder what sort of research people do before they go on holiday or what their expectations are. I bought my missus , her sister & her daughter(who's now 19) out to Calis a couple of years ago & they fell in love with the place & the friendly locals. Sometimes a little rough around the edges, but compared to Marmaris, Calis is a welcoming friendly resort with better than half decent restaurants,if you take the time & effort to find them. We all know the beach is naff, but nowhere near a bad as peviously posted by Mustaffapint.If you're polite & smile, it's quite amazing the feedback you can get from some of the locals, for example that lunatic Ozzie(Soul Cafe) who now works at the Lettoon. In June we got really badly let down by a Tour Operaters agent,brassed off ,the 3 of us were walking along the front & bumped into him, told him the situation & he legged it into the Letoon to see if they could put us up for the night while we got our accomodation sorted. You don't get that everywhere, believe me.Its the little thinks about Calis that appeal. I'm disappointed for Mustaffapint that he could't take to the place like thousands have,who return every year. I think Marbella would possibly suit him better. Now they really do know how to rip you off !!! 6 quid for a bottle of beer, methinks he'd probably change his user name pretty raid there.

Offline Mustaffapint

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 14:53:28 PM »
Dear! oh  dear! we do seem somewhat Scunnered today,  Scunner don't we.

Getting bogged down with a choice of user name amounts only to a miserable attempt at a cheap shot.

I was initially impressed with this forum and the amount of information one could gather from it, but the forum is so let down by your petty and over-protective attitude which I note is prevailent throughout many threads.

I voiced my honest opinion of a Turkish resort, including my take on the  treatment of tourists and also  the assaults of a sexual nature which appear all to common in this town.   Basically I was trying to understand what the attraction to such a resort was?  All you gave in return is insults.   Way to go Scunner keep up the good work.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 14:57:15 PM »
What do you expect on a forum of people who love Calis Beach??!! You didn't like it, we get it, move on, try somewhere else, bye.

Offline col

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 15:00:09 PM »
In all fairness to mustaffapint, some of the opinions expressed by him are also similar to friends and family I have, who have also been to Calis. I originally had a property in Calis but sold up and bought in Fethiye, my own preference as I prefer to be in Fethiye and it's rare I go to Calis. However, Calis does has a certain charm & when I go for the odd day or night, it makes a pleasant change. Calis doee not pretend to be anything special and compared to many other resorts in Turkey it's not as picturesque, clean or up market. But it serves as a good base to stay (or live) as there are so many other places to visit within a few hours of Calis. It has a good blend of young and old, and being flat it's easy to get around and yes....it is a friendly place.
Mustaffapint has expressed his opinion and we all have differing opinions of different places, not everybody can be expected to fall in love with Calis and maybe...just maybe!!!!!! he is not alone in thinking this, but one of the very few to post his opinions and probably realise he will be disagreed with by the majority.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 15:02:29 PM »
Oh boy he's in the process of replying AGAIN. Doesn't like it, won't go back but can't do the same with the Calis Beach Forum, the impossible to leave forum  :D

Offline cheers

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 15:06:26 PM »
Wouldn't have it any other way!  Oooh love being a scruff!

Offline mrkeith

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 15:07:59 PM »
Calis beach I find very good easy to get to not crowded not pestered into using the beds and brollies, nice onshore breeze, The sea is a bit cloudy but that is just the sort of beach it is. It's a nice place to relax.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 15:09:54 PM »

Martini has no liking of the chilled way of life.:D

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 15:09:57 PM »
"I was initially impressed with this forum and the amount of information one could gather from it."

If that was the case you would have known about the airport food prices and the £10
visa charge in advance, so why the surprise.
Really glad you wont be going back.

Offline Mustaffapint

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 15:12:29 PM »
Scunner and all who advised me to try Benidorm, Tenerife etc thanks for your constructive approach but methinks you protest too much - but what makes you think I have been to such resorts Lord only knows. To the eejit who advises where I can fly to from Glasgow I acknowledge your racist comment but would say that I can let you know that unless on business I rarely fly from there as destinations are pretty limited.  Oh, and I prefer a good wine to a good beer which may also suprise those of you who take 24hrs to chose a user name.

If all you guys and girls are so blinkered to the reality of Calis being a shoddy resort, with a filthy beach,  rip off merchants galore, perverts allowed to do what they want when they want,  uninterested policing etc etc. then you fully deserve this place to yourselves.   I have been to Turkey 3 times now and no not Marmaris, Bodrum or Gumbet and I can assure you there are many much better places to be around the med, equally as free from english yobos or scots yobos for that matter and 100 times more friendly and beautiful than the midden which is Calis Beach.  Open up your eyes - dumps do not have charm just because you want them too.

Goodbye to the blinkered. signing off! and LAYAOL!  (laughing at you all out loud.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf