Author Topic: CALLING All Brides !!!  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Daisychain

CALLING All Brides !!!
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:23:36 AM »
Me again!

I just wondered what the sort of pricing is for flowers in Fethiye? My wedding planner will take me to a florist next month to choose my bouquet but I have no idea how much to budget for this. I have asked my wedding planner but she's hesitant to answer the question as I am sure it depends on what flowers you go with. Having never done this before in either UK or Turkey, I really don't know what to expect to pay.

Anyone out there who has recently got married and can give me a rough guide on what they paid for flowers? Thank you!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »
My son got married here 3 years ago and the flowers were expensive, bridal bouquet 4 bridesmaids bouquets and flowers around the area they got married was £600
Mark

Offline Daisychain

CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »
Ouch! I was kind of hoping it wasn't going to be as much as that. Did your daughter go with a fairly big bouquet? And did the bridesmaids also have traditional bouquets or single a few simple flowers?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »
It was my son it also included 12 button holes for the men they were very nice bouquets and table flowers, I would think the biggest expense was the decorating of the arch where they got married and the table flowers
Mark

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »
My sister is getting married in Calis 2 weeks tomorrow! She has gone for silk for the bouquet and bridesmaids corsages and button holes as it was going to be a faff to organise in Turkey and they've already had to go twice for planning meetings in advance! There will be fresh flowers on the tables and 'adorning' the venue. If you want more info email Shelli via the forum.

Offline Daisychain

CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
Sorry Mark! I didn't pay proper attention to your previous posting that it was your SON's wedding! Ok I'm panicking less now because I will not be having that many flowers. Sounds like a beautiful wedding.

Cavfan, how do I find Shelli via the forum? I can see how to send you a private message through your profile, but not sure how to find someone called Shelli?

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »
click on members at the top of the page and put Shelli into the search and you'll get her that way.
Good luck with the flowers

Offline Donna2202

CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 13:48:06 PM »
I can't remember how much my flowers were when I got married in 2007 but they were a fraction of the cost of the UK. I got them from a florist called Acelya which is near the cinema in Fethiye.

Offline Daisychain

CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
Hi Donna, have you any pictures of your bouquet? I am not sure what I want yet, and not sure what the 'norm' is in Turkey. Or if no pictures, was it a bunch, or a shower of flowers?

Offline booo

CALLING All Brides !!!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 14:50:48 PM »
The florists in Fethiye charge a certain amount of lira per flower so you can work it around your budget.
It is about 50-100TL depending on the flowers that you choose

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf