Author Topic: Properties for SALE near the Marina  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Viking

Properties for SALE near the Marina
« on: August 21, 2010, 13:14:49 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone have opinions about properties around the hills of the Marina? Are there many restrictions for buying or building? Ive not noticed any foreigners buying up there...maybe thats a sign :)

It stunning up there, with some very old properties, and hotels, but I had noticed some beautiful boutique hotels, and some individual new properties being built.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 13:43:12 PM »
If you want to buy a property get in touch with the guy who owns and runs this Forum.. Look under "Scunner".

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 13:54:36 PM »
You mean in Karagozler?

Offline Viking

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 14:03:13 PM »
Hi
To be more specific, area of where the Otel Dedeglo, or where Ece Saray is located.
I know of a shop owner who is building his own home up there, I went to see it. Very beautiful, very very good quality craftmanship, and design, something I'd seen previously in Istanbul. It would be, especially if he is building his own home. But the views are something else.
So if anyone has any opinions about the area im talking about, if you have any friends living there etc, please feel free to let me know.

Offline Firo

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 15:03:51 PM »
Great area in the summer but gets very little or no sun in the winter. So if only for summer holidays then great but I wouldn't want to live somewhere were there is no winter sun.

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 16:25:23 PM »
There are plenty "M" plate cars parked along the upper roads don't think there are any foriegn owners down the street we live in and there are a few places for sale and rent but it is expensive in this area. It is fairly peaceful, you can't here the town bars too much and i would think not at all futher up.
There is a dolmus to and from Taşkaya otogar that goes past the Tuesday market, Migros (top of the street) and Kipa (same), and the council bus to Calis is a 2 minute stroll. It is definately a good place to live.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 19:24:03 PM »
Hi Mr Viking,I have no idea where the otel Dedeglo is,but any properties which back onto the rock faces,ie overlooking the marina and karagozler,do suffer from serious damp problems.The rock faces are fractured and water seepage in winter is a serious problem.as well as a loss of sun light early in the day out of season.Speak to people who already live there, in particular those people on the first or ground floor apartments.Perhaps you may wish to look further around the bay as it now appears the boat yards are to be moved quicker than anticipated.A visit to Dogan Kaya at the beledye may prove useful,and then again maybe not?????????

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 23:18:22 PM »
Friends rented long term in that area 2 years ago - lovely in Summer but cold, damp and dark in the winter - they said they spent a fortune trying to keep warm.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf