Author Topic: Any demand for video's?  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Sue T

Any demand for video's?
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »
At FIG we have a large selection of original video's including films, tv programmes and children's films.  If anyone still has the means to play these and wants to take them off our hands for a small donation then please go to our shop or contact me, otherwise regrettably they will have to be recycled, unless anyone has a better solution.
 [?]  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Any demand for video's?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
It may be an option to get someone to convert them to DVD if you think the titles might be popular. It can be done locally and cheaply and you can of course then sell multiple copies. Just an option to consider for you  :)

Offline calvin 1949

Any demand for video's?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 13:03:45 PM »
Do you Know where i can get one converted to dvd Keith??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Any demand for video's?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 13:08:16 PM »
I do them myself (and would gladly do yours if I were there) but some of the Gunlukbasi camera shops used to offer the service - I can only assume they still do as I don't know these days. Worth parking up in Gunlukbasi high street and taking a stroll, unless anyone knows specifically?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Any demand for video's?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 13:50:59 PM »
We had quite a few done in Fethiye, the shop was locate the rear of Post Office road, walking away from Fethiye and located on the right hand side.

(Great on directions ain't I ;))

Offline calvin 1949

Any demand for video's?
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 15:42:53 PM »
Thanks for that  will have a look Tomorrow!

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Any demand for video's?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 19:21:59 PM »
I'd also be interested to know about this - could you let us know where and how much when you go please?  Would be grateful!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Any demand for video's?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 20:21:43 PM »
we were talking about this at the weekend as we watched family videos from way back when. We decided to get the adaptor that goes from your video to your computer (approx £35 online). You play the video and it rips it onto your PC and then you can copy it to a DVD disc. (I am certain there is something way more techincal missing to this set of instructions but I have a computer man for all that milarky) I think Scunner has come up with a cracking idea you will need some time to do it but it may enable you to sell the DVD in a format more used these days. good luck

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Any demand for video's?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 21:30:56 PM »
It's not just the more useable format that I think makes it a good way to raise some funds - it's the possibility that there might be some nuggets amongst the tapes that could appeal to quite a few people. Sure you can get every blockbuster movie from the DVD men before they've even been released, but there is little for those of us who would be just as happy/happier to sit down with 6 wobbly old VHS episodes of Blackadder or On the Buses  :)

Offline Pi55y

Any demand for video's?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 21:38:03 PM »
We have the whole boxed set of Caligula (never even viewed) and were only talking about this same thing tonight.  It is certainly worth doing and we may ask Hassan (Calis dvd man) if he knows who can do it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf