Author Topic: How Do You Deal With a Disappointing Meal?  (Read 8982 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How Do You Deal With a Disappointing Meal?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 16:06:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fastlady

Nichola, that was a very good and informative post, but for one point:  when you say 'never ever without garlic' are you serious?  

Are you telling me that, if I come to Mozaik Bahce I won't be able to find a dish without garlic?

Anyone can let us know up to a day in advance and we will prepare the meals of your choice from the menu without garlic.

It would be difficult to do on the night because the meats are marinated in advance and the mezes made in the daytime.

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 18:44:15 PM »
well i had cold (oven?)chips that had been 'done' for so long that they were like biscuits at the Nil in September. i ate a couple and left the rest and when the waiter picked up the plates and asked how the meal was I told him that i wasn't happy that the chips were like cold biscuits; he tried one and walked saying 'yes, like a biscuit'. Guess where we didn't eat again for the rest of our 19-night stay! What really grated was that up to that point we were lunching there every day that we didn't wander out of Calis. In previous threads i've read how good they are at the Nil, but my experience doesn't reflect that. Perhaps i was too polite, but that night i left thinking that maybe they like the Brits there so much because we don't expect them to do anything when they fail to deliver what we pay for. No apology, just a smug agreement that the food was not good from one of their own.

Offline cheers

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 21:13:31 PM »
Reading through this thread I don't understand why people wait until the end of the meal to say something in complaint and only when the waiter asks if it was ok?  Last night we had a meal out and my meat came what I call cremated!  They had tried to hide it under the chips but it didn't work as that is the first thing I want to eat.  I discreetly found the waitress who served it and told her I was sending it back.  It was not a problem and it was replaced and was excellent.  The people at the next table were not amused as theirs was the same but said 'nothing'??

Offline marina

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 21:29:09 PM »
We had a meal at Cafe Soul a couple of years ago now. Mine was some sort of chicken which, as soon as I cut into it could see that it wasn't cooked properly, so we quietly called one of the guys over and showed him.  He immediately apologised and promised a 'cooked' replacement.  

Cue very loud shouting, and no doubt swearing, from the kitchen for all to hear followed by a smiling waiter with my chicken  :-\

Sometimes though if I've just been disappointed with a meal rather than it being under or over cooked I'll just eat up, pay and leave.  It can just come down to a matter of taste, one man's meat etc......

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 21:35:37 PM »
I wonder how much the fact that people are on holiday and don't want any stress whatsoever is a factor.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 21:39:17 PM »
Also if you go out at a reasonable time (say arrive at 8pm), you may not actually receive your main course till maybe 9:00 or even 9:30, and if you are starving you might just put up with something you don't particularly rate highly as there won't be many options to eat elsewhere as it gets later...

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 21:58:19 PM »
The present Mrs H and I do have the odd domestic about what time to go out. I prefer to arrive at the restaurant just before or after 8:00pm because I believe that you have more chance of your main course coming within a reasonable time.

On the timing issue, Mrs H contends out that when Turkish people go out for a meal they expect the experience to last much longer that British tourists.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 22:14:55 PM »
I think there is some truth in that - certainly if you want a good turnaround of tables you must do better if your customers are British. I think Turkish diners tend to see the meal as just the middle part of a good night out - nothing wrong with that of course, I used to like it too  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
Its not often we complain actually. The rare times are when a piece of meat arrives undercooked for Shauns taste and rather than risk that sometimes he avoids ordering it! We just dont go back to a a place. If one of us does have a bad meal we blame our choice of menu item especially if its just one out of two meals which is poor rather than both. To be honest we dont want aggro especially on holiday!
However we are very parochial in our choice of venue and its not often we venture off the beaten track- we very much stick to tried and tested places and where 'everyone knows our name'- that way we are rarely disappointed!

Offline sunlover

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
I have first experience at giving back a meal last week, as while visiting Mimosa for a relaxing day at the beach we decided to go and have a lunch time snack, one of the orders was for a spinach and cheese pancake. the order came and for a start was COLD, then as i started to eat it it thought to myself there is NO CHEESE and NO SPINACH inside, i called the waiter over and asked where the ingredients were and he said there is cheese and spinach inside,i said to him i cant eat it like this and to my shock he just took the plate away and the menus that were still on our table and siad nothing then carried on serving the rest of the customers:(, no would you like anything else !! Oozy was not there that day otherwise i would have spoken to him about the manner of his staff as we have known him for a few years now, then when we went to pay for our bill at the end of the day they tried there hardest to charge us for the pancake, but there was NO WAY we were paying for it, only 5ytl or not.. we never ate again there for the rest of the holiday, and if the staff there continue to treat customers like that if we are not happy they will be loosing more customers.

to me if i have not got what i ordered then i wont eat it or pay for it..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf