Author Topic: How Do You Deal With a Disappointing Meal?  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Tiff

How Do You Deal With a Disappointing Meal?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »
On the rare occasions we have had a bad meal , it has been just that , a bad meal not just that it was not what we were expecting. After one mouthful we called the waiter who was incredulous that we were not happy , no apology offered and we paid for the drinks we had and left, never to return. I agree with Nichola about limiting the menus, I know the restaurants are all in competition,  but this mix of Turkish / Chinese / Indian really annoys me .Even the Yacht in Fethiye with super views and not the cheapest place in town offers spring rolls and shepherds pie! Stick to what you know folks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »
I also have to admit to having a deep set fear of sending food back to kitchens for a second attempt. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that either.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »
Some years ago, we received such poor service in a prom restaurant that I ended up getting really annoyed with the "shrug-of-the-shoulders" attitude to my complaints by one individual who we happened to know very well.

I shared a coffee with the fellow the following morning during which time he asked if I really was annoyed the previous evening. Why I explained that I was and it was because of his non reaction to my complaints, his response was to say that if he spent his time dealing with all the complaints he received, he wouldn't get anything else done.

Mind you he is (was ?) royalty ;)

Offline suehugh

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 15:27:13 PM »
Interesting reading Nicola
You should think about a novel
You have an easy read writing style

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: How Do You Deal With a Disappointing Meal?
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »
I'm reminded of this topic, you can start from page one here...

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=43899.10

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: How Do You Deal With a Disappointing Meal?
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 14:54:27 PM »
If something is undercooked,I do quietly ask for it to be cooked some more. If there is a real problem with my meal I will usually say quietly,politely when it is served If on the other hand,I get the shoulder shrug,rudeness or indifference I make sure I put it on every available forum and advise others not to go there. I do tend to work on a. 3 strikes and you,'re out system. Like if I ate somewhere and the food isn't good,if someone asked us to a do or dinner there I would still go. I believe in customer service, mistakes happen for lots of reasons. It's all about you making the customer feel valued,apologising goes a long way too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf