Author Topic: put my mind at rest please..  (Read 10461 times)

Offline BM06

put my mind at rest please..
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 19:52:26 PM »
Do not part with a penny until you have the Tapu in your name, and there is no debt/loan on the property, if this is not satisfactory to the Builder/solicitor then walk away. There are plenty of places for sale at the moment.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 19:58:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

Do not part with a penny until you have the Tapu in your name, and there is no debt/loan on the property, if this is not satisfactory to the Builder/solicitor then walk away. There are plenty of places for sale at the moment.

Yes that's easy to say but you forget that if a stage payment is being sent, a deposit would normally have been paid already. Not so easy to just walk away and find something else.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 19:59:39 PM »
I would also do the other way around , send the 5k as deposit, the 45k when tapu ready.
 I had problems buying my place, was so naive then, 6 years ago.:(
 I paid full amount 6 weeks after paying 2k  holding deposit, I also had a solicitor here who advised this was normal practise. Didnt get Tapu until 3 years later and that only because of very good friend in the know. Things could have been so much worse I know now, because in the end I didnt lose out, turned out my builder had mortgaged my place, but after threats he handed the Tapu over.

Dont pay the large amount until you have the Tapu, if the seller and solicitor are Legit, it wont be a problem

Offline BM06

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 20:40:36 PM »

we have paid a deposit on an apartment in Ovacik, our solicitor in Fethiye has power of attorney, the military checks etc are underway and as per our contract

Keith, they/she have, still my opinion after the nightmares that have gone on here in the past, you know what goes on while awaiting military permission,:-\ I would advise any one to do the same, what happened in the past should stay in the past, most have learned to be a bit more careful due to others getting there fingers burnt and destroying their dream ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 23:20:21 PM »
when we bought our villa we had heart palpitations until we got our tapu
but you are doing all we did except we did not have a solicitor only the estate agent  
good luck

Offline kerri

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It always amazes me how many times on here that the time to ask about reputations is long after making the appointments, signing the contracts and committing to buy. It's only money eh...

Perhaps, the way I wrote  my post was misleading and that's why it was misinterpreted? I don't recall asking anyone for advice re: reputations??
We have made plenty of enquiries with regards to the agent and the property we are buying is the next door property to the agent who also owns the complex it is on. I am hoping that if the agent was going to mislead anyone he would not choose to do it on his own doorstep. However, you can never be certain so we have made plenty of enquiries.
I was merely asking others whether they had parted with money in this manner when purchasing.
Scunner, I know you are very well respected on this forum and rightly so having read your postings and others for a while, however, I find your replies to my post insulting.
NO, I am not a person who would read a tripadvisor review after a bad meal.
My rule of thumb when posting replies to a forum is that I would never post a reply that would seem rude to say to someones face, I find your remarks rude.
Shame really because I almost gave you a call yesterday regarding one of your properties in Calis beach.

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice, Graham , there is no builder involved it is a resale apartment. We have spoken to the agent today and the solicitor and they have been fine about holding off paying the £45k for a while. We suggested paying the £5k now and the £45k on receipt of Tapu as suggested by some of you kind folk. The agent said that as it will cost us a fee to transfer £5k and then another fee when tapu and checks ready then he will suggest to vendor we give the remaining £50k all in one go at the end on completion. This sounds like a much safer option and less worrying. I hope the vendor agrees.
When purchasing property in the past I have always felt the same with last  minute nerves and 'what if's' but having never purchased abroad before so it is extra scary.

Thanks again to all those who helped with advice. Any more tips and advice will be gratefully received. Hopefully in the future I will be in a position to help newcomers to the forum.

Kerri
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:08:41 AM by kerri »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kerri

Scunner, I know you are very well respected on this forum and rightly so having read your postings and others for a while, however, I find your replies to my post insulting.
NO, I am not a person who would read a tripadvisor review after a bad meal.
My rule of thumb when posting replies to a forum is that I would never post a reply that would seem rude to say to someones face, I find your remarks rude.

I would have given you the same advice to your face too, so I'm also using your "rule of thumb". You signed a contract the contents of which included making a payment which now you are not comfortable with. Why did you sign that contract then worry about what you signed later? I have no idea why you have singled me out as rude, nearly every person who replied says you signed a contract that favoured the seller, it certainly doesn't serve your best interests - paying a huge amount before anything is signed into your name, and holding back a minimal amount that is pretty insignificant to the vendor - they'll owe that to the agent anyway so they don't care about the held back 5k.

Indeed, it was me that said it will all probably be fine, and it will probably all be fine. It was you that was worried about it, not me!

There is a huge difference between "straight talking" and "rude" and if you are chucking tens of thousands of pounds around and then posting about being worried about doing that (and possibly ending up in Take a Break magazine) then don't complain when you get replies that didn't rub your tummy and tell you everything is fine. I KNOW people who's involvement in Turkey literally got them into Take a Break magazine and I'll tell you this - they'd beg on their knees for the chance to go back and listen to a bit of straight talking/rudeness about what they were about to do.

I guess this is the bit where I slope off to a dark room and chastise myself for my big mouth losing me an enquiry from you for a place in Calis. Damn!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 12:31:15 PM »
Rude or not, still a better set of answers than the MSE forum & from those who have "experience" of the situation in question. Now where is the Ovacik cement works again? Or is it still in Uzumlu this week?  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:32:00 PM by Supacabby »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
On reflection. Alternative reply specifically to the post.

"put my mind at rest please"

Reply:

"Stop worrying, everything will be just fine, what could possibly go wrong now".

How did I do?

Offline kerri

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 13:04:51 PM »
I would have given you the same advice to your face too, so I'm also using your "rule of thumb". You signed a contract the contents of which included making a payment which now you are not comfortable with. Why did you sign that contract then worry about what you signed later? I have no idea why you have singled me out as rude /quote]

Scunner, I singled you out because yours was the only post that offended me, I am all for straight talking , but, I still doubt whether on meeting someone face to face you would be impolite enough to say "I bet you are the type to read tripadvisor after a bad meal".
Either way, I totally agree that it was not a wise move on our part to sign a contract in the vendors favour.
Regarding the £5k it will not go to the agent as he is not taking commission off either party. He did the marketing for the apartment as a favour to the vendor who bought the apartment from him originally.
Anyway, regardless of the fact that I found your replies bordering on rude, I am still very grateful for yours and others replies.
It seems some members have bought their properties in a  similar manner and felt similar last minute nerves, others are far less trusting.

so, Scunner, come out of that dark room, because if all goes well (and I really hope and think it will) we may look to buy in the future.

kind Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf