Author Topic: Lovely Turkish people  (Read 1805 times)

Offline tytots

Lovely Turkish people
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »
My daughter Lee had to have daily injections at the Develet & feeling really ill was hoping she could have them at our clinic in Uzumlu, but because of Bayram they were closed. My granson Reece trains for Uzumlu football club at the stadium, the Baskan, Sonar was contacted & he knew someone that could do the injections, every day this lovely man, a ex army doctor went to her house & gave her an injection, it turned out that he was Reece's friends father. The Baskan came up as well as it wasn't proper to have the ex doctor come on his own. Isn't that lovely. We have found the Turkish people in Uzumlu to be very generous & friendly, another reason to love living in this lovely valley.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Lovely Turkish people
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:17:32 PM »
What a lovely thing to do.  Yes, we also have found the Turkish community here welcoming and generous.  I hope your daughter is safely on the mend  :)

Offline Rosy

Lovely Turkish people
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 16:20:54 PM »
Agree, Uzumlu is a wonderful village and the locals are so welcoming and helpful. Unfortunately we know of a couple who have recently been complaining about the locals because they keep goats, have dogs and earn a living in close proximity to their holiday home. We love our neighbours and enjoy getting to know them just wish those particular Brits recognised that we are the foreigners invading their space and culture, and treated our neighbours with the respect they deserve.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Lovely Turkish people
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 17:31:39 PM »
It's that sort of Brit that could give us all a bad name.  Bad news always travels faster than good.   And anyway, why come here to a rural setting if you can't cope with goats etc!!!  Isn't that a bit like moving to Piccadilly Circus and complaining about the traffic.

Offline Sus

Lovely Turkish people
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 06:09:18 AM »
If they were not moaning about the goats it would be something else, if you are going to live in a rural area you have to get used to it all, it is a case of shut up or sell up and go and live in a town, then they would complain about the traffic.

People forget that the village people did not ask us to come and live among them, but they accept us happily so why can't some people accept their way of life, did they not notice what was around them before they bought their house.

I must say I have found them all very nice and helpful.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:10:52 AM by Sus »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf