Author Topic: Has anyone done it yet?  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 09:17:53 AM »
Sorry to be dim but if you apply for residency this blue book thing, would that be between a couple or would you both have to pay the 179tl thanks for any replies:D

Offline screamlead

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »
You both need one as its linked to your tax number and kimlik number as far as i know. But i think children can be added without additional books. Its gone up sharply since i got mine - 90TL.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
Ok thank you Scream and also when you have bought the book is that it or do you have buy another one at residency renewal times or anything[?]many thanks

Offline quackers

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 13:43:20 PM »
Your blue book lasts for 4 renewals then you have to purchase a new one.Better to renew for as long as possible each time ,5years max I believe.

Offline anna-marie01

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 14:43:16 PM »
5 yrs is only possible if you own your own property. If you are renting you can only do 2 / 3 yrs max.

Offline Flower-Pot

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 13:17:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

Sorry to be dim but if you apply for residency this blue book thing, would that be between a couple or would you both have to pay the 179tl thanks for any replies:D

Unfortunately these books are per individual, so you would both need to by one.

I've always found the man in the passport police to be friendly and helpful. He appreciates a bit of Turkish:D

Offline grizabella

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 15:54:57 PM »
I got a 5 year visa when I first moved to Turkey and have never owned my own property over here.Always rented.

Offline starman™

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by anna-marie01

5 yrs is only possible if you own your own property. If you are renting you can only do 2 / 3 yrs max.

Incorrect. You can get upto a 5 year residence permit irrespective of if you own a property or not.
Anyone from an "A" group country can get upto 5 years residency, they dont need to show a tapu or a rental lease, just enough funds in the bank or exchanged.

Offline philrose

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 07:50:17 AM »
quote:

Anyone from an "A" group country can get upto 5 years residency, they dont need to show a tapu or a rental lease, just enough funds in the bank or exchanged.

Well someone had better tell the Passport Police in Fethiye as they won't budge without either a rental agreement or a Tapu..

Offline Ray1951

Has anyone done it yet?
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »
I arrived in Fethiye on 4 January and left on 15 Feb. I am returnin on 1 May and am hoping that I can have a 90 visa, otherwise I shall have to extend the visa. No one seems to have posted similar situations. I shall keep you posted on what happens to me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf