Author Topic: Broadband problems?- unlimited is in fact limited!  (Read 5695 times)

Offline screamlead

Broadband problems?- unlimited is in fact limited!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 20:57:22 PM »
Hotlips - sorry TTNET is my provider.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
Thanks Screamland - Sorry to bang on about it, but as I understand it Turk Telecom and TTnet are under the same ownership and therefore I should be able to get 100gb download too. We signed up for what we thought was the 'best' package we could get get in terms of mps and being unlimited.

I didn't know about the download cap so will go back to TT and ask about the 100gb download - do you pay 59 YTL per month?

I'll look into it and check this out - you learn a new thing everyday!

Offline screamlead

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
Hotlips, no i upgraded mine a while back so not on the current 'deals' mines 89tl a month which includes a fee for my static IP address too. Theres also different limits on it too, i did mine on the phone with them. Even though they are both technically the same company they are a pain in the butt. I pay mine direct in the shop opposite the dolmus stop and mosque in Fethiye and if i pay by card i get two seperate charges which also result in two separate charges on my card for foreign transactions.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 17:11:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by screamlead

Hotlips, no i upgraded mine a while back so not on the current 'deals' mines 89tl a month which includes a fee for my static IP address too. Theres also different limits on it too, i did mine on the phone with them. Even though they are both technically the same company they are a pain in the butt. I pay mine direct in the shop opposite the dolmus stop and mosque in Fethiye and if i pay by card i get two seperate charges which also result in two separate charges on my card for foreign transactions.

Many thanks - so we can call for a bigger download. Perhaps will watch our downloads each month and see if this is something we need to consider, once again thanks for the info, much appreciated

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 17:04:35 PM »
Interesting topic, I have used Giga News for several years and I'm just trialling their Vyper VPN service which seems to work very well indeed. Interesting to see what they say about ISP Throtleing http://www.giganews.com/vyprvpn/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf