Author Topic: Car Hire  (Read 1373 times)

Offline imperialwizard

Car Hire
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
Any recommendations for the 2012 season on car hire from Dalaman airport / rtn.
I'm thinking about a 3/4 day hire,thanks.

Offline Cennet

Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 14:08:33 PM »
Hi

Drop Mutlu a line at Pegasus. We have used them for the last four years. There Cheap and reliable. All the cars we have hired have been great.
You can collect the car at the airport so it saves on a transfer or he will bring it to where you are staying.
Just say Ray from Peace Villas recommended them to you.
Can't fault them.

info@rentacarpegasus.com

Ray

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Car Hire
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 15:09:11 PM »
We have a place in Calis and tried a lot of car rentals until we found Fethiye Lovers, who in our opinion are the best, and we would now not consider using anyone else.  The have good new cars and not old bangers that break down, they also supply cars with a bit of power.  They speak excellent English and are always extremely courteous and very punctual.   Last time they even let us have a bigger car for a oouple of days when my daugther and family where over, at no extra charge.  
Also, a point to remember is most hire car companies will give you a car with no fuel in it, the gauge will be on empty and you must fill up immediately.  Fethiye Lovers are members of this Forum if you book through Sunnyd you will get a discount.

Offline Cennet

Car Hire
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 21:50:00 PM »
There you go imperialwizard, get two quotes and post the best...That way we'll all know.
Good Luck.
Ray

Offline imperialwizard

Car Hire
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
I have contacted both,so will let you know the verdict when I hear back.Thx for help.

Offline WendyA

Car Hire
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 18:31:36 PM »
Good to know what a daily rate for a small car would be with Fethiye Lovers.  We've paid about £20 a day with Ersoy 'Jimmy' at Ege in Cals, that our solicitor recommended.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Car Hire
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 20:00:41 PM »
We have found with car hire, like a lot of other things, you get what you pay for and the cheapest may not always be the best.

Offline yasemin3

Car Hire
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 09:02:28 AM »
Whatever you do, check the contents of the car out properly before you drive off! We have just hired a car for four days and the tyre burst in quite a remote area outside of Ankara. When we went to change the tyre the part of the jack was missing that wound the cog round to make it go higher. We tried to put a nail in it to use this to make it go round but it wasn't strong enough. A person from a nearby industrial estate came and lifted the car with a lorry jack and we got the spare wheel on. When we drove a little further we saw a tyre place which was closed so we called the number and the guy came out but only had a second hand tyre, so we put that on the burst one because I didn't want to drive to Calis with no spare in case the same happened again! Anyway - very stressful with a young child. The rental guy demanded 120 lira for the new tyre to be fitted, didn't really care that the jack was not usable saying we should have called him. Fair enough, I said to Hubby, we should have but at the time we wanted to get off the mountain roadside with our wee one as quick as we could. Lesson number 10000000 learned - again. x

Offline imperialwizard

Car Hire
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
I decided to go with Atlas travel for car hire.Used them before in Eire with no probs.It appears
their car hire supplier in Dalaman airport is Circular cars hire,so will post my experience on my
return.Thx for all the advice.FYI, 3 days for an economy car was approx £70 with additional insurance
added.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Car Hire
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
Try Orange cars members on here good cars  airport drop off pick up .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf