Author Topic: Calis Beach Restaurant  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Calis Beach Restaurant
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:07:28 AM »
Last night I went with friends, 2 of us had the liver & 1 meatballs with cheese, all served with the usual chips, rice & salad. Complimentary garlic bread & dips to start & tea / coffee to finish. All good portions, well cooked & presented. With 3 x glasses wine & 2 x efes at under 90tl, pretty good value.

There's a new guy, Osman, in charge this year, who has previously run his own hotel business & was very keen to find out what would be likely to attract the ex-pats (other than cheap efes  ;)) in the out of season months.

Well worth the effort of walking past the usual places
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:08:57 AM by Liz 101 »

Offline reganjayne

Re: Calis Beach Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 20:16:32 PM »
Tonıght 4th of August I went wıth my grandchıldren because ıt was advertısed wıth free aquacıty entery tıckets. We had our meal there whıch wasn't very nuıce we had t send back steak for beıng over cooked and once we had eaten we asked for our aqau cıty tıckets but we were then denıed the tıckets because my grandchılderen are 11 and 12 years old and they only gıve them to small chılderen too young to go on any slıdes and they are not free they only gıve a dıcount but the sıgn onthe front say 'free aqau cıty park tıckets' but do not mentıon any age lımıts.

So do not go there thınkıng you wıll get free aqua cıty tıckets because you would have been conned.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 17:27:07 PM »
Thought I'd bring this back to the top.
Passing one night during our recent holiday we noticed they were serving puffy bread.  Being as it's not around so much these days we thought we'd give it a try as we both love it with lashings of garlic butter.
BIG MISTAKE!!!
I ordered liver and onions.  When it arrived I couldn't cut it never mind chew it and immediately sent it back.  No apology was offered and I refused a replacement as had totally lost my appetite by then.  Billy had a chicken dish which was edible but according to him, only just.
When the bill arrived they had charged us for my meal plus an extra drink.  When it was pointed out that my meal had been returned we were politely informed
that I didn't order a replacement.  So they wanted to charge us anyway.  We of course refused and insisted that the bill be amended.  Back it came again but still with the extra drink on.  Once again we called a very unhappy waiter over and explained our bill was still incorrect.  He was extremely surly, stomped off and sent the little comet waiter back with the amended bill.
In the nine years we've been visiting we've never had such a terrible meal and disgustlingly poor service anywhere in Calis or Fethyie.  Needless to say we won't be back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 17:33:18 PM »
Now I'm confused. Isn't the Calis Beach Restaurant the one that is now the new Indian?

Offline Robw

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 17:43:04 PM »
Now I'm confused. Isn't the Calis Beach Restaurant the one that is now the new Indian?

Just can't get the staff Keith!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 17:47:11 PM »
That authentic Indian dish, liver and onions :D

Offline Robw

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 18:06:57 PM »
Hmmmm Indian puffy bread with garlic butter  ;D

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 19:48:11 PM »
oops wrong restaurant.  It was The Palms.
Will ad to the correct section.  Sorry boss :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf