Author Topic: AKBank  (Read 2162 times)

Offline sadler

AKBank
« on: May 03, 2012, 16:52:48 PM »
Hi

Does anyone know if Hilga Ozbakir still works at the AKBank in Fethiye.  I tried to email her, but it came back as undelivered.

I would be grateful if anyone knows her new email address, or if she has left, is there another person I can email there.

She told us that as we hold joint accounts with the bank, it was policy that we would not be able to use the on-line banking service. She very kindly used to email a copy of our account so that we were able to monitor how much the balance is and how much the DDs have been. :)

Offline apollo

AKBank
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 21:08:33 PM »
We have joint accounts at Akbank and use online banking regularly. The only restricition we have found is that you can have only 1 Debit card.

Offline Firo

AKBank
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:40:24 AM »
She no longer works there....

Offline sadler

AKBank
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  That is interesting Apolo, we will have to investigate further.  We went to see her specifically to get on-line banking, and she told us that we couldn't as one of the account holders could empty the account without the other's knowledge!

Firo, do you know if there is anyone there with good English now?[8)]

Offline LeeGlo

AKBank
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 19:31:14 PM »
I think if you make your account so that either party can access the account with only one signature you should have no problem with getting both internet banking AND a debit card each for the account. If not, consider changing your bank.

Offline sadler

AKBank
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
The account is for either signature as far as I recall.  I had a thought (not a common occurance), it is still the same bank account our estate opened for us and we had a POA with him.  I am just wondering if that could be the problem.

If we change our bank, is this as easy as here in the U.K.  Do we go into the bank of our choice and they deal with the DDs etc.

If so, which bank would Forum members recommend please.[:X]

Offline LeeGlo

AKBank
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 19:44:37 PM »
Hi Sadler, Turkish banks are not too happy about you taking your business elsewhere and are very slow to transfer services. Your best bet would be to close your existing account completely and cancel your DD's. Then open a new account at the bank of your choice and set up new DD's.

You will need your passports, a couple of current bills for your UK address and your Turkish tax number. You will be asked to sign a statement to enable either of you to access the account with just one signature. You will also need to register a mobile phone number with your bank for internet banking. Ask them to set it all up for you and ask for Debit cards. You will also need to take a bill for each of the DD's you want to set up.

I can recommend TEB, we have used them for over 4 years and been happy with their service, they are also one of the banks who will pay water bills on DD.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf