Author Topic: 50 % price increase in Fethiye big boat trips  (Read 9821 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
50 % price increase in Fethiye big boat trips
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 13:43:10 PM »
Yes agreed John but for those of us living here its no consolation as we deal always in tl, and I bet the cost won't drop if the exchange rate drops...

The charge last year forr a whole calis boat was 350 I think, and is going to be 350 or on some 400 this yearr divided by 12people is  33 tl
Obviously more per person if less than the 12 people max.

There is just no comparison between the quality of the large and small boats.
I won't go on a big one again unless I really have to.

Someone told me that they tried this last year but ended up having to rethink and the high price didn't last long, hopefully by telling everyone on here they will realise that business isn't booming and think again.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 15:11:40 PM »
:D this is all part of the bargaining, they throw you a red herring price, you complain and they bring it down to a 20% increase and you think you've won:Djust like the market,just like the Efes.

;)

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 21:03:32 PM »
we saw tickets that he can already sold at 5otl . so they really are trying to charge those prices. :o

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 23:43:11 PM »
Heard this about the boat trips a few years ago, then, when over in Fethiye saw boards offering £1.99, (yes the £ sign,) tend to agree with Tinks,  the efes and the boat trips will come down soon enough, but think on principal, its not good charging 5tl for a portion of chips,

Offline Harmless

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 07:28:56 AM »
OluDeniz trips are around £12.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
Spoke to jerry this week and his boat trips for 2012 are 40ytl (£14) at todays rate..:D

Jerry,s boat trips for us all the time, great host, great food, fishing, what more do you want...

i can see Jerry is going to be even busier than usual this year..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
We have enjoyed so many wonderful days out with Jerry and his good lady. But I have to admit that I much prefer it when there are between 12 and 16 passengers on board. And here's how I really like it the most..

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 13:12:09 PM »
I have been reading this and the one about the price of beer with interest. Sometimes I wonder if some Brits living in Turkey believe that the local people owe them a living. The local traders are not exempt or immuned from inflation, taxes and duties. Boats need to be maintained and staff need to be paid. These have got to be passed on. Most of the people involved in tourism in the Fethiye area have got to make their living for a year in a four month tourist season. Most of the bars that stay open during the winter are lucky to probably break even. They make their money from the many tourists that visit the area.

I have seen the bars during the winter and some may have only one or two people drinking. At the cost of electric and heating there is no way that they are breaking even. In many cases they staying open is providing a service to the Expat community.

I have recently seen threads on here about Turkey having the second most expensive fuel in the developed world, big governmenttax hikes on alcohol  and Tedas raising the price of electric by 18%. Is the trader expected to bare these costs?

In the current economic climate it is tough to make a living out of tourism at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 13:17:03 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 14:47:34 PM »
Ovacikpeedoff. We agree it is just not possible to make a business work on a seasonal basis in Fethiye area, in UK or around the world on Tesco/Kipa Migros style pricing. We say that having many years of having to cope with the issues in the English Lakes for many years. There is usually price adjustments to reflect. It is up to us as individuals to compare and assess the values.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 15:03:30 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline Steve A

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 14:56:07 PM »
What is the price of Calis boat this year ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf