Author Topic: Sharing experiences and thanks to CBF  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Libra

Sharing experiences and thanks to CBF
« on: May 13, 2012, 07:51:45 AM »
In summer 2010 we hired this company ( www.yeditepemimarlik.com.tr ) to renovate and repair our new house. What a mistake it was. We had a detailed contract and thought nothing wrong could happen. But as the work continued , we saw that nothing was done properly. When we reported them all these , they kept on saying " we'll fix them , we are not finished yet" ... and we hoped. But as the ending day of our contract came and there were lot's of things messed up and missing , they suddenly sent us a legal warning to pay the rest of the money. They even did not return our housekeys.

We had to hire a lawyer , there were several court inspections , lots of extra cost , but the money we payed was lost. Yes , we had a contract , but don't rely on this. As the expertise was done by other architects ( it was Marti Mimarlik in our case ) and they know each other , so their reports were mostly in favour of their collegues rather than independent as should be....and it was March 2011 by then  , we ended up with a leaking roof and about 10 items we had to re-repair. ( Might be boring for you if I list all ).

So we started to find local repairmen , which was not easy. They promised - did not come , they came - not ontime and without calling back letting you wait , messed up and were not tidy , most were not professional enough to do the job and as we came to March 2012 , still the roof was leaking and there still were parts of the house needing repairing again.

Now we have been working with Paul Cherry 's "villas4U" since 2 months and have finished all the necessary repairs perfectly and very profesionally. We regret the wasted time and money we spent during the last 20 months and wished we had known him in the beginning.

We found Paul Cherry through this forum. Great thanks to administrators and everybody commenting here and trying to help each other.  

If anybody wants to see the jobs done by Paul and more detailed info about which people else to avoid , please contact me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:54:35 AM by Libra »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »
The time stress and money involved with these kind of cases is horrendous. I am really pleased that at last you got it sorted. Such a shame that a lot of others and I mean a lot of people still have ongoing disputes. Maybe they dont read forums like ours. We actually took all our advice from CBF  and were very lucky. I could cry for those who arent.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:42:53 AM by mercury »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 22:55:55 PM »
I think there are two things that are important when we read things like this. Firstly, we have a magnificent facility here to share the good and the bad - before CBF it was very easy for unscrupulous people to rip others off and we had no idea and the fact that nobody could warn enough people quick enough was how the cons worked over and over again. Secondly, as Anne touched upon, it's quite apparent how much "but for the grace of God" situations there are. When buying, there nearly always comes a time when we go home, put together 50 or 100 grand and send it to some bloke we only met for 2 days a week ago. If we told the story at work or in the pub you would get replies like "You did WHAT???". Where do some people get through and some lose the lot?

Luck, generally.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf