Author Topic: 16tl for 2 large Sprites at Yelken restaurant, Hotel Kemal  (Read 5446 times)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Re: 16tl for 2 large Sprites at Yelken restaurant, Hotel Kemal
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 20:48:39 PM »
I had a very sober(!) holiday this year - the record was 15 Turkish lira for a brandy and coke.  This was at the bar at the end of the front - the name escapes me - where they have sunbeds.  The price board was outside and it said 8 lira - when questioned, they stated they had given us the best brandy!  Did we ask for it??? No!  However, the price of the imported drinks was wiped off the board!  Needless to say, we won't be drinking there again!

But overall, everywhere seemed SO expensive for a drink!  I can see me smuggling a bottle in my handbag!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 21:50:25 PM »
This is the cycle - pull as fast one, people pay but never return, next we hear "where are all the tourists?".

In someone else's bar...

Offline philrose

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 06:33:38 AM »
I had a very sober(!) holiday this year - the record was 15 Turkish lira for a brandy and coke.  This was at the bar at the end of the front - the name escapes me - where they have sunbeds.  The price board was outside and it said 8 lira - when questioned, they stated they had given us the best brandy!  Did we ask for it??? No!  However, the price of the imported drinks was wiped off the board!  Needless to say, we won't be drinking there again!

But overall, everywhere seemed SO expensive for a drink!  I can see me smuggling a bottle in my handbag!
That would be the Sat then, probably the most expensive place in Calis......

Offline billy3107

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 10:54:31 AM »
Fortunately these places will learn the hard way  Not many Weatherspoon Pubs closing in Britain but hundreds of others

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »
Very true Billy lol

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 14:35:09 PM »
While I agree 16 TL is excessive for two juices, I also regard that price as the norm in Turkey ( give or take a few Lira). With 3 kids iam well aware of the price a juice can cost ( and efes ,vodka)(not for the kids mind you) and it no longer shocks me when I see theese prices.It is part of the parcell when eating/drinking out in Turkey. One of my hates though is when they pour a juice from a big 2ltr bottle ( often flatt) and charge theese prices.

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 14:52:41 PM »
Out of interest, what is the "NORM" price people expect to pay for a fizzy juice in the Fet/Calis area?
Prices vary on location and I would think , and Harbour front Bar/Rest would be more, as in this case is.?
Or am I missing something?   :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 15:58:40 PM »
Can I ask a question about soft drinks in a different way?

Would you consider large coke/sprite and other brand fizzy drinks and carton orange/peach/cherry/ice tea etc reasonable at 4TL?

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 16:27:16 PM »
Can I ask a question about soft drinks in a different way?

Would you consider large coke/sprite and other brand fizzy drinks and carton orange/peach/cherry/ice tea etc reasonable at 4TL?
I would find it very reasonable nichola... infact I would bite your hand off at those prices, but is it out a 2ltr bottle?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 16:30:15 PM »
I think 4TL is too much but I think the same in the UK - why is a lemonade the same price as a tax laden beer? 4TL (£1.37) is relatively ok I suppose but it wasn't too long ago that a large Efes was 2.5  ;)

I also agree that use of 2 litre bottles should be outlawed! Especially for mixers, nothing worse than a lovely vodka, ruined by flat coke.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf