Author Topic: Water bill  (Read 7474 times)

Offline BUBSMUM

Water bill
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
It looks like the price of water per unit has risen in October.  They slipped that in quietly!  Normally I don't study my bills, just groan a little and pay up, but I notice my water bill was almost double to what it normally is.  On checking previous bills water has gone up from 0.93 kurus to 1.30 lira per unit.  One of my neighbours bills for the 2 month period was a staggering 371 lira - I guess they won't be washing down their balconies quite so often form now on  :-\

Offline screamlead

Re: Water bill
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:06:54 AM »
That could be a leak after the meter. I had a problem like that a couple of years ago - dug up the pipe and from the meter to the house there were 8 holes and splits in the pipe. The council will not come out and repair pipes as they insist they are only responsible for supplying the water and not the pipework.
There was a good 20m run of pipe from the meter to the inlet to the house. But not now, i moved it to just outside so now if the pipe splits and waters the garden - its their loss and not my pocket!!!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
Ah, cue for song so altogether now "Do you want your old lobby washed down, washed down, do you want etc............ ? Who remembers that one ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:18:31 AM »
Brendan Shine.

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
I understand what you're saying Screamland but like my post says - it's evident from the bill that the price per unit of water has risen and that's the reason for the increase.  The units I use month on month are almost the same, no change there so no leaks

Offline wydad

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 15:44:47 PM »
Hi my water has been 1.3 TL per unit for the last 2 bills.
However, a neighbour who has been away a lot and used very little water has a unit price of 0.93 TL for the same period
I also noticed in the summer when I used a lot of water that my unit rate was even higher but then came down as I began to use less in the Autumn

I am guessing that there is an incremental rate based on how much water you use or maybe some different kind of banding
Maybe someone on here knows more and can explain or even has a link to the billing info

Offline yabanci

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 15:58:58 PM »
Thats correct, 0-10 units are charged at 0.93,over 10 units its charged at 1.30.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 17:48:46 PM »
just a post to let you check if you want. water costs have gone up 10 per cent in the last year.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 16:39:04 PM »
Actually found a water bill in November, first one since February. Total cost 200 TL

Don't forget they have started charging more if they think you have a pool.

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 19:37:42 PM »
Thanks Wydad and Yabanci = what you say makes complete sense now - I did consider there might be a banding.  I have gone over the 10 on this last bill.  Incidentally I'm wondering if this is the case of the lecky also as my unit price on bills fluctuates also from time to time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf