Author Topic: Breakfast in Fethiye  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Breakfast in Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 19:24:28 PM »
Are Selma and Figo an older couple?  We called to a restaurant in that area last Sept and had a delightful meal.  The older lady would come to make sure we were OK and when we complimented her food she stroked my hand and smiled followed throughout the evening by gentle little squeezes on my shoulders.  Such a warm and friendly lady  who also seemed really motherly.  I took to her straight away and I'm not usually keen on touchy feely - but she seemed so genuine.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 19:41:24 PM »
Bluwise, that is definitely Selma !! it's not just their food that is lovely, ; on our visit to Turkey last year, Figo asked me if I had been to hire a car yet, when I said, "not yet", he gave me the keys to his own car, & said, " I don't use, bring it back before you go to England", !! They have been the best friends we have ever had in any of our travels.

P.S. Figo, ( Fikret) also does the very best iSlim Kebabi in the whole of Turkey !!
Figo is from Erzerum, the home of some of the best food in Turkey, & will try to satisfy the 'food wishes' of any customer!!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 20:29:31 PM »
That really is a wonderful story Gordon and we will definitely visit again.  Tell me, what is an iSlim kebabi?  Would like to try it (I think)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 21:44:46 PM »
iSlim Kababi is minced lamb formed around a cheese filling & then covered in strips of Patlican (Aubergine), some places put the cheese on top of the kebabi, but Figo does the cheese inside, the dish is served with a rich tomato sauce, & accompanied by rice and/or other vegetables. Loz loves it, I don't eat aubergines, but have tried it after removing this, & it is superb !! Enjoy. Only problem, Figo likes to have advance warning for this dish, as all of his meals are cooked fresh, & this meal takes a little longer!!!! Ask Nigel & Iain from Kismet about Figo's cooking !!  :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
Thanks again Gordon, will definitely be giving that a try in June -

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf