Author Topic: Review on VOJO's  (Read 8518 times)

Offline georgiegirl

Review on VOJO's
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
 I don't often post on CBF. But felt I wanted to write this recommendation for a restaurant on Calis beach front. Restaurant is called VOJO's, it has not been open very long, so this is the first opportunity that we have had to have a meal there. I had heard a lot of good comments about the Fish and chips at vojo's, so, thought I would go along and see for myself, if it was as good as people have said. Yes is was, in fact it was very good, it came with a small portion of tartar sauce and small portion of mushy peas, which my better half said was to small, but was big enough for me, as I'm not that fond of mushy peas, Chips were good, homemade, not frozen, which is to often the case these days. Now onto the fish, it was BIG, in fact it hung off the plate, it was nice and chunky, with a good crispy batter. I could not eat all my fish, it was to much for me ( happy cats), but hubbie managed to clear his plate. We both agreed, that it was the best Fish and chips we have had in Calis. They also sell Segafredo coffee   :), which is one of Italy's best coffee brands, not seen it anywhere else in the area.

Service was good, served by a waiter called ODDJOB!, can you belive. I was allowed to taste the wine before making a dicision on it, beer was only 5 tl, which made hubbie happy, but was told that it would be going up to 6tl, maybe.

Will be going back to try other dish's on the menu, got my eye on the curry dish's listed on the menu. Well done VOJO's.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Re: Review on VOJO's
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »
Have to agree, Best fish and chips by far, great value for money. The currys are good also. Wait for the curry night, you get a chicken curry of your choice and rice for 20 lira.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 23:29:58 PM »
Heard several people comment on the value and quality of the fish n chips in resort, but yet to see the party atmosphere I was expecting.
Only Scottish breakfast in Calis claim, is quite original and seems to be good value too

Offline mac2010

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:38 AM »
I might of missed something but what has made this place the (fun pub) it was boasting to be when it opened ? It seems to be no different to any other place selling good old curries and fish and chips.Shame I thought it was to good to be true. Sorry I nearly forgot 6tl for a beer. ???

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:53 AM »
Had a nice meal there last night, there was a good atmosphere on the prom as there was a Turkish group playing and lots of craft stalls.  There were so many Turkish people on the prom they outnumbered the Brits which was good to see them all out enjoying the night.
Problem for us was they loud music and "line dancing" started up in the Vojo and drowned out the Turish group which were playing opposite the Harem.   
Loved the food in Vojo, hated the music and dancing. Don 't really want that while I am eating.

Offline busybee

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 22:50:33 PM »
We had a meal there a couple of nights ago with our family, food very good. I had tagetella, which was accompanied by a plate of the proverbial rice and chips!!!no garnish whatsoever so didnt look very nice. In fact my dinner was all white. Was envious of my familys meals as their "sides" were little baskets with veg in. Waiters started dancing about 10ish to try and draw a few more in.......... Little tooooo quick off the mark to ask if you wanted another drink but in the main, food beautifully presented, tasty and plenty of it.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 16:20:03 PM »
just goes to show, you cant please all of the people all of the time. one person cant see where the fun is and another person doesnt was music and dancing while their eating. each to their own but everybody seems to agree the food is really good and the staff work very hard. Vojo's deserve to succeed.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 00:23:46 AM »
We paid our second visit within a week this evening and in our opinion Vojo's are going to coin it this season. I had the chicken madras,hubby had the fish n chips. Saw several chins drop in awe when his plate arrived...reckon they had to harpoon it cos the fish was enormous!!! Half of it came home in a doggie bag!!
Up until 10.00pm the music was unobstrusive and for most folks I would imagine that's acceptable.  After that we were treated to a dozen Turkish school girls in their best party frocks, taking the floor and thoroughly enjoying themselves.  The management have got it right - give the folks what they want, good food,  plenty of choice, and reasonable prices for both food and drink,,,,,it was a good mix of holiday makers, ex pats and Turkish.  We'll definitely be going again.

Offline Trevor Smith

• trevor smith
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
A really nice bar, food very very good, try it you will not be disappointed.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 17:02:55 PM »
we have had breakfast abd lunch here and both meals were really nice, they are offering a ,unch time special of either hamburger and chips with salad, an omelette chips and sald or a chicken wrap and chips with a fizzy drink for 10tl, bargain, friendly staff decent size portions and also lovely clean toilets into the bargain we will defo be using again   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf