Author Topic: Review on VOJO's  (Read 8520 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Review on VOJO's
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
Mezgit is the fish used here.  Which translated means Whiting.

Thanks Eric, I'm going to try and buy some in the fish market, it was delicious.

Offline terrie

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
George you can also get  it,from the fish seller behind main ptt in fethiye,two places in towards the culture centre,the place with big chest freezers,always cheaper than market...but frozen,simon

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Review on VOJO's
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 13:10:59 PM »
Cheers mate, will definitely pick some up this week

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 13:36:10 PM »
Whiting a a very mild tasting fish and when I lived in Liverpool it was know as invalids fish because it was prescribed to people who where recovering from illnesses.  I was speaking to my Fishmonger about Whiting and he says he rarely gets it as it's not popular in the area.  I was telling him it was my Mother's favourite fish, because she always said it was not "strong".
When we were in Calis a couple of weeks ago a guy came around the Villas with bags of fish, which I think was Whiting it looked very fresh.  Our neighbours  bought some from him and he followed them into the house. I was thinking he was a long time and eventually he came out and the neighbours told us, he had filleted it for them.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »
Sampled Vojo last night and "Mr Chippy job" said it was excellent.  We were informed by I think the owner, that the fish is imported North Sea Cod.
At first he suggested not to have the fish as it was not as large as normal and didn't want us to be disappointed.  We let him know that a smaller portion was fine as 'hanging off the plate' would be too much anyway ;D
Great food - will visit again.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 13:13:22 PM »
Ate there on my own one night when Brenda was late back from a boat trip.

The food (liver and onion) was very good and the service excellent. Volkan (VO) came over for a chat and explained how he came to be in Calis.

Returned the following evening with herself and both the food and service were again excellent.

Probably the second best food we had when we were over.

Was busy on both nights. I don't know if they take bookings but the contact details are.

Tel:   (09) 0 252 622 11 01
Gsm: (09) 0 506 378 30 19

They seem to have got a reputation for serving only "British" meals but that isn't the case and on the second night were overing a traditional Turkish dish cooked in a clay pot.

Don't know about the "fun" part of the enterprise but it is well worth a visit for a meal and Vo and Jo are trying really hard to make a go of things.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf