Author Topic: Kassaba - an off night?  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Molly

Kassaba - an off night?
« on: June 14, 2013, 14:04:01 PM »
Went to the Kassaba (think that's the name) last night, there were 6 of us and it was the worst meal and service we have ever had in Calis! We waited about half an hour for our starters and they were nothing much. We then waited about another half an hour and 3 of the meals came, we were having chicken shish kebab and the waiter said sorry you have only one skewer the other one is on the grill and will be with you in a minute! We waited about 5 minutes and had to start eating and the rest of our party still didn't have their meals. The rice and the chips were hard and the chicken greasy. After another 5 minutes we told the waiter we had had enough! He couldn't apologise enough and I felt a bit sorry for him but we asked to see the manager and said we were leaving and would just pay for the drinks and starters. The manager said they had a new chef who wasn't coping so she just charged us for the drinks and was really apologetic. A good night ruined, one to avoid I think! The Kassaba is the first restaurant on the right on the prom if you are coming up from the water taxi - opposite Er Oz.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 19:58:24 PM by stoop »

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Kassaba - one to avoid
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 14:25:10 PM »
This place is owned by Mete and his wife from Goldenmoon, I am sure he will be very disappointed to read this, we have not eaten there this season but had a few great meals last year.
Credit to the owner for accepting things were not up to standard and apologising and not charging for food. I have been to places and still had to pay for bad food and service.
 I am sure Mete will read this and act upon it.
Mark

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 14:41:13 PM »
I agree - you can get a bad meal and it can spoil your evening but at least you reported it and got an apology as well as not being charged for the main courses

Good for the manager! I know it's not much use when you are hungry and a bit fed up waiting but in that past we have had the same and given them another chance. Especially if they have a new chef. Usually it's OK second time but if not then it's two strikes and out   :)

Not eaten there myself but I'd be surprised if it doesn't get better.

Offline Molly

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 15:21:07 PM »
I must say that the waiter was very good and seemed embarrassed by what was happening. The manager we spoke to was also really nice, I do believe it was just a problem with the chef that night.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 16:03:30 PM »
If you believe that it's just a problem with the chef that night, why do you write such a negative review with a title that says "one to avoid"?

Maybe it should have said "next time better"?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 16:49:34 PM »
If you believe that it's just a problem with the chef that night, why do you write such a negative review with a title that says "one to avoid"?

Maybe it should have said "next time better"?

This is one of the problems with bad reviews - sometimes when you calm down a little things seem a bit different.

Maybe it would be an idea to change the title? If you can't do it, Molly, I can - just let me know   :)

Offline Molly

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 17:53:57 PM »
I think I have done it Stoop if not do it for me please

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 18:25:39 PM »
Thanks for the warning Molly, you may have saved others from having their evening ruined.     :)

Offline Fran

Kassaba - one to avoid
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 18:36:16 PM »
I ate there in May and the food was great, hopefully a one off.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Kassaba - an off night?
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 19:59:50 PM »
Changed the main heading. Is that OK?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf