Author Topic: Caretta beach Bar  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Caretta beach Bar
« on: June 27, 2013, 21:06:26 PM »
Don't be tempted by the 'free sunbeds' (if you spend 10TL each at the bar) offer.
The staff don't stop pestering you to buy drinks and food - not relaxing  >:(
I went for a stroll and bought 2 simit back with me to be told that we were not allowed
to eat them - we left.
Pay your 10TL for sunbeds on the 'proper' beach and have a peaceful time   :)  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Caretta beach Bar
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:33 AM »
Thanks for posting that Kevin, we were going to go there in August as we spent a pleasant day there last summer, they did not have the 10tl rule last summer but there is nothing worse then being pestered when you are trying to relax we shall pay for beds or have a lunch at one of the places that offers a cushion and does not pester!  :)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
no pestering when we were there on many occasions may and june. it is expected that if you use their facilities you spend some money, 10 lira ??  It costs 7 for a beer at most beachfront restaurants.  I dont know of any restaurants who allow you to eat food you have not bought in their establishment to use their facilities. We had a restaurant in UK and some customers you can do without.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »
It's not a restaurant its a beach !!!!!  (and I paid no more than 6TL for a beer on the front and even had 500ml of draft for 4TL in one place - opposite Obens)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »
The places where we use the facilities we always spend money but if either of us wanted to have a walk and bring back a water or pack of crisps or anything snacky I would not expect to be told I could not eat or drink the item if I was laying on the beach, of course I would not dream of doing that if I was actually sat in a restaurant... some of these places end up getting greedy take the Sat for example we totally loved going there for days on the beach but from what has been posted on here they have been overcome by the greed/ grabbing bug and it just drives potential customers away when there are plenty of other places to choose from  :)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
 If you use their facilities, sit on the loungers/chairs/cushions use the umbrellas/toilets /showers you should not bring food/drink/ anything else they sell and make a living out of , from somewhere else. No establishment beach or otherwise provide these facilities for nothing.

Offline angela

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 16:14:38 PM »
we were more than happy to buy all of our drinks there, which would have more than covered the minimum spend requirements, but If I want to eat a simmit with my coffee that's up to me, not them! I also don't like someone constantly touting for business, while I am snoozing, so I will happily  pay my 5tl for my sunbed  to Fetab. When we decided it wasn't for us we were chased up the prom accused of not paying for my cup of coffee, which had been paid for when it was ordered. Too much like hard work.
In complete contrast, we went to the Hello Bufe on the harbour, and I asked to borrow a knife to cut a peach I had brought from the market. He insisted on taking my peaches and washing them, bringing them back on a plate with a knife and napkins. That's what I call good customer service.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 16:42:06 PM »
The places where we use the facilities we always spend money but if either of us wanted to have a walk and bring back a water or pack of crisps or anything snacky I would not expect to be told I could not eat or drink the item if I was laying on the beach, of course I would not dream of doing that if I was actually sat in a restaurant... some of these places end up getting greedy take the Sat for example we totally loved going there for days on the beach but from what has been posted on here they have been overcome by the greed/ grabbing bug and it just drives potential customers away when there are plenty of other places to choose from   :)

They'll be frisking you for peanuts on entry next !!!!
The 'Ryanair' of beach bars  ;D ;D ;D

Offline tonyb

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 14:47:55 PM »
Here we go again. If you to a pub, they don't expect you to take in a can of beer & open it & drink it, if you go to a cafe, you don't eat your own sandwiches in it. I've just got back(19/07/13) from spending a fortnight in Calis & we were never treated in the way decribed by the original poster- the standard 2 sunbeds & a parasol will cost you 15 tl for a day & thats without a table, large cushions for comfort or a terracotta pot to put your own empties & rubbish in !!! I fail to see why people expect to sit at a beach club that has private shower & toilet facilities+ a seating area & expect it for nothing. I gather the minumum charge came into operation due to the fact that some people did exactly that, which quite frankly is at the very least cheeky, at the worst insulting & tight. You don't even have to move all day if you so wish, as the guy's will bring all your drinks & food to you if you wish- at no extra charge & you do not get pestered. If that was the case, I wouldn't use the Carretta & neither would a lot of people that we saw on a regular basis, who were both tourists & residents. I'd actually defy anyone who can spend every day on Calis beach, in the summer season & spend only 5tl per day on drinks for 2 people after paying 15tl for 2 sunbeds & a parasol. At least at the Carretta Beach Club you spend 20 tl on drinks & you don't pay  for the sunbeds, parasols, cushions, toilet facilities, oh & I forgot, the drinks are bought over to you, or you can sit in comfort in the shade.Seems like basic economics are not some peoples strong suit, The price of the beer is no more expensive than most of the bars & yes I too have had a large beer for 4tl, did not taste particularly good(you really do get what you pay for) & not bought to me whilst I'm lying on my sunbed.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 19:56:32 PM »
Each to their own opinion Tonyb, I for one did not say anything about going there and taking a can of my own beer or sandwich... My point was if I was at any establishment on the beach not just the Caretta and I fancied a wander and maybe bought a bottle of water and brought it back with me I would not expect to get told off for it, that would so not make for a relaxing day for me at all :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf