Author Topic: Caretta beach Bar  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Re: Caretta beach Bar
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 21:52:17 PM »
We 'had' a restaurant in UK   ;)

Offline quackers

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 06:21:28 AM »
The sunbeds ect on Calıs beach run by the Beledıye so surely you can eat and drınk what you lıke from where you lıke . If you are on Koca Calıs beach usıng the free sunbeds that the bars provide surely ıts polıte to ask ıf they mınd you eatıng your own food even a simit. I personally would not take my own food or drınk I would buy theırs.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »
The sunbeds ect on Calıs beach run by the Beledıye so surely you can eat and drınk what you lıke from where you lıke . If you are on Koca Calıs beach usıng the free sunbeds that the bars provide surely ıts polıte to ask ıf they mınd you eatıng your own food even a simit. I personally would not take my own food or drınk I would buy theırs.

The beds, cushions, shades, small tables by shades and pots to put rubbish in at each shade at Caretta have all been bought by Caretta, not supplied by the Fetab. Caretta have paid to rent the stretch of beach in front of their place.

Offline angela

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »
Many times I have bought a pastry from the lady by the bridge, and eaten it at a bar with a lovely cup of coffee, and have always had the usual turkish welcome, so it does surprise me that they are so dogmatic with their no food and drink policy, but their loss really, not bothered one way or the other!

Offline tonyb

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »
Personally we much prefer Carretta, it's kept clean,the toilet facilities are very good & convenient, the sunbeds with cushions are extremely comfortable, the bar & food prices very reasonable & we've never found anything other than a very warm welcome form the manager Erol & the members of staff who work there. Great place to chill without having to move an inch from your sunbed.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 14:14:04 PM »
So.... if you go and sit on these sunbeds, buy a drink or two and then buy something to eat off one of the guys walking up and down the beach what would happen if you ate it on your sunbed?

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 18:49:53 PM »
You wouldn't even reach your sunbed let alone get a chance to eat !!!!!
They have 'imported food' radar   ;)
If you want to feel 'wanted' and get pestered every 15 minutes for refills you'll love it  ;D ;D ;D
(Personally I'd rather not be 'waited on' ;)
Basil Fawlty would find a job there - no problem  :(

Offline tonyb

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 13:37:20 PM »
I have never experienced a "hard  sell" approach from any of the staff at Carretta. We noticed a lot of the same people whenever we were there, which sort of suggests that if they got "pestered every 15 minutes for refills" they would not have gone back for a second helping,would they? And in all  occasions we've been there, I've never seen anyone asked to leave if they've bought a pretzel of the vendor. It's certainly better than trudging off the beach covered in grit everytime you want to get a drink. I love Calis, but it's not exactly blessed with many showers along the beach is it ? Which is another reason why we use Carretta. You don't have to leave after a day in the sun, having to wait to you get back to your accomodation to clean the sand/grit off yourself.

Offline DianeT

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 21:39:50 PM »
We returned from 2 weeks in Calis on the 22nd July and apart from the 1st day that was spent by the pool and 2 days out on Jerry's boat, we spent every day at the Caretta Beach Club and like tonyb we loved it.  We never got pestered to buy food or drinks, in fact the opposite quite often we had to call them over so we could order, the staff were really friendly and polite.  Can't comment on attempting to eat or drink items purchased elsewhere as never tried to do it, but our experience there was a very positive one and we would definitely go back next time, unless like has happened with the Sat Beach Club (which we used to enjoy going to) they really do start trying to rip people off!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf