Author Topic: places to eat near Diana Residence  (Read 5500 times)

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
places to eat near Diana Residence
« on: July 06, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »
Hi All,
Not long now till we arrive for our first holiday in Calis   :). Can anybody advise please, which are the  closest bars and restaurants to Diana Residence? I believe they are in Koca Calis, as I found out from this fabulous forum  :)
We shall explore as we have 4 teens with us, thought it would be good to have heads up for first couple of nights  :)
Look forward to chatting,
Sarah x

Offline DianaJ

Re: places to eat near Diana Residence
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
You are about 10mins walk for the start of the promenade where you will find lots of restaurants some of those closest to you at the start of the prom are Guvens & Obens we enjoy both of them , If you fancy walking some further way down the prom our favourite is Casa da Mammas

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 22:55:25 PM »
Sounds perfect, ive read lots about Guvens, so I think we shall be giving it a go  :)
Thank you for your reply x

Offline Robw

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 00:32:08 AM »
Sounds perfect, ive read lots about Guvens, so I think we shall be giving it a go   :)
Thank you for your reply x

Guven`s is great for teens and as Diana J said the location is perfect for the prom and the Dolmus station if you want to go into Fethiye ETC . Hope you have a lovely time!

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 23:38:19 PM »
Thank you Robw, I'm sure we will  :)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 19:01:42 PM »
Guvens good but our number one that end is Obens. A little bit further on the prom the Letoon is good and has music twice a week.Our best on the front is the Merhaba.Saturday night is not to be missed.

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:58:47 AM »
Thank you All for your advice. We shall try each and every one  :)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 00:30:10 AM »
Good tips on restaurants - thanks! How close are these (walking) from the Surf Cafe in Koca Calis - presumably walking toward the main Calis Beach Prom?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 10:06:32 AM »
About 15 minutes, but if at night, take a torch, that road is dark and there is no lighting.   ;)

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 14:58:24 PM »
We stayed at the place next door to Diana last year (Odyssey).

We have 3 young girls (7, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 at that time last year) and we had no problems walking everywhere/anywhere for dinner and did so every evening, apart from when we went to Fethiye via dolmus or water taxi.

There are restaurants like Guvens about 5-10 minutes away (really good food and very relaxed but attentive owners if that makes any sense) but the prom and all the other restaurants mentioned on here are no more than 20 minutes stroll away. Even with a push chair and one of the others on my shoulders... My timings might be slightly off but basically the walk involved to/from the start of the prom and then onwards to the far end is simply not a problem and doable even with small kids with little legs. The initial road is a bit rough past the bins    :)

We used to occasionally get the dolmus back if we were out at the far end (by Meeting Point) and if it was getting a bit late but we also were happy to walk back from there too as we used to get a Slush Puppy from the bloke on the prom. Living the dream!

We are back again to Odyssey again in 3 weeks for 3 weeks and we really enjoyed the location and the walking never got too much or a pain...with teenagers that might be different though unless you confiscate their iphones etc to dangle as a carrot and to make them look where they are going    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf