Author Topic: places to eat near Diana Residence  (Read 5501 times)

Offline angela

Re: places to eat near Diana Residence
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 16:22:48 PM »
That road is improving all the time. We were amazed at the changes in June as we walked to Ciflik that way. Nice to see that area looking more cared for!!

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 17:19:34 PM »
Is Ciflik the other way? Is it worth going to?

In hindsight, we only ever turned left out of Odyssey towards the prom and didn't consider there was anything the other way.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 17:44:38 PM »
Turn right,you have Surf Cafe,Old Escape,new wedding venue, name escapes me, the new Escape 1881[was Mutlu], Max'beach bar now called Koca Calis BBQ restuarant,Captans,the old Birlik now revitalized with new owners and called Mekan. Also Mossie Bar on the freshly paved Calis runway
Turn right at the Surf cafe head towards the big road and on the roundabout you have the original Escape Bar now with new owners,completely refurbished and called Angels{ Melek}.
So you see life does exist just along the beach,oh and no charge for sunbeds.
By the way,what's the food like at the Odyssey? looks like a very nice place.

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 18:04:46 PM »
That's really useful info, thank you.

Odyssey was absolutely fine for somewhere on your doorstep. I can't remember us cooking anything in the apartment so we used to have lunch there quite a bit and very occasionally dinner. But the choice for dinner is so good we ate out nearly every night. Always fresh, usually different every time you ordered the same dish though  :)

The breakfasts were very good with a varied selection and are included in the room rate. My girls eat so many pancakes that it pays for the room itself....

I've been lucky enough to travel lots with work and stay in some very nice places and I think that the Odyssey compares really well. It's horses for courses but for a young family it's perfect for us with everything appearing to be brand new and extremely reasonable. The staff are very friendly and helpful - we found that generally that was the case everywhere in Calis and Fethiye though.

We stayed in both the Odyssey and the sister property directly behind it during the same trip but it's name escapes me. They shared the same restaurant area but there were plans supposedly to build a new bit too.

It sounds like we have missed out by not turning right so we can remedy that this year... Thanks for the pointers, it's funny how you can miss something under your nose  :)

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 00:36:49 AM »
Fabulous information here, thank you  :)
 When I say teenagers they're actually 2 x 20 yrs old and 2 x 17 years old, im sure they'l be up for a spot of walking  :)
So excited for this holiday, feel like we already know the place, thanks to this forum. My only dread is Dalaman airport, I haven't read anything positive about it :( Ohh well im sure we will survive  :)

Offline Robw

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »

Arrivals at Dalaman have always been a breeze for us its the checking back in that has proved to be a pain.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »
Just make sure you don't change any money or buy any food or drink at Dalaman Airport.  Just read of someone paying 44 lira for two efes.  (Oh dear, I mentioned the "E" word). 
Take a packed lunch with you when you go back for your return flight or use the V.I.P. lounge.   ;)

Offline marina

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 14:39:38 PM »
sarahandmark - don't get too worried about Dalaman.  We've never had a problem on arriving, just a few maybe when checking in to depart (which is when you least want it I know) but thousands of people travel through Dalaman each year and not everyone has problems and they're the ones you probably won't hear from. 

Definitely second Jacqui's advice too.  We always plan never to buy anything in the airport, always take a pack up and just buy a bottle of water there.  If you don't want to make your own sandwiches there are plenty of places who will make them up for you to take to the airport.

Above all, have a great time.    :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 15:09:15 PM »
Liza at Pies and Pastries does picnics for the airport.  All her food is home made and she does lovely cakes and cheesecake to die for.

Offline marina

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 16:59:39 PM »
And quite large portions of the lovely cakes and cheesecakes too!    ;D  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf