Author Topic: places to eat near Diana Residence  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: places to eat near Diana Residence
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 17:15:32 PM »
We checked in to come home last Friday at 19:30 and it was  breeze - no queues at either security points, no queue at check-in and amazingly, smiles from all the staff including security - now that has to be a first?  Usually we are barked at by Mrs Rotweiller...."no watches, take belt off, no money, put bag on here lady" - you all know the one!!  >:( :o ;D

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 01:19:33 AM »
Our return flight is 2.00am, so the plan will be to eat before we leave for the airport. Knowing my luck I shall probably get the rottweiler :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 23:57:50 PM »
sarahandmark - don't get too worried about Dalaman.  We've never had a problem on arriving, just a few maybe when checking in to depart (which is when you least want it I know) but thousands of people travel through Dalaman each year and not everyone has problems

Yes it is important to balance opinion when it comes to Dalaman and CBF. Many of us are Dalaman weary - my passport is entirely devoid of any gold lettering/coat of arms and literally full of Dalaman entry/exit stamps.

The truth is, as you have been advised, buy nothing (although I personally have found some duty free bargains) - certainly don't buy a McDonalds or two beers in one of the bars, and you'll be fine.

Dalaman is a micro-Turkey. People in uniforms desperate to fill out official forms to detail that you had the audacity to leave with a deep fat fryer or a thing they simply couldn't identify (in my case a battery charger, that they insisted was a "walkman" till I agreed). But ultimately, all the drama concludes with someone just waving you through - no strip searches, no under spotlight interrogation, nothing!

If I hadn't spent 10 years continuously flying in and out of Dalaman, I might like it more than I do. But I do know it isn't as bad as people make out. Arrivals are generally swift, if pretty dour. Baggage reclaim is in world class time. Arrivals are not bad at all, departures are fairly dire - but all down to check in delays.

If ever anyone wants to know how bad Dalaman isn't, book flights and have a holiday in Rhodes :D

Offline angela

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »
For the first time this year Easyjet had electronic check in at Dalaman, which was a doddle. No standing for hours at an unmanned desk.

Offline marina

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »
Don't think they had that working in May angela!   :(

Offline angela

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
probably not, we were out 14th- 28th June, and it made a big difference.

Offline marina

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 11:22:08 AM »
Oh well, hopefully, now they've got it going it'll be working next time we're out there.    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf