Author Topic: Shaka...has it been sold?  (Read 8468 times)

Offline Firo

Shaka...has it been sold?
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »
Just heard from a friend that Shaka has been sold this week has anyone else heard? 7
Will be so sad if it has as it was a great place to have wonderful night out with great food. :(
Will the new owners still honour the 10% CBF discount?
Hopefully someone from Shaka will come on and clarify the position...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Shaka...has it been sold?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
If I wanted to find out for sure, I'd ask....you!!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:37:36 AM »
Aren't they your friends Firo? I know they are turning Buzz Bar in Olu into an hotel, so thought businesses were flourishing. Very sad if its true. Please let us know if you find anything out?

Offline Firo

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:44:24 AM »
They are friends and yes they own the Buzz Bar. It always had been said that if they had a big enough offer they would sell so I would think if this is probably what has happened. Same in any business if the offers good enough I'd take the money 8)
I have now contacted Osman and he has said he will be coming on here to state the facts but it seems it is true.. :(

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 14:13:24 PM »
Thank you Firo, I suppose you can't blame him if the price is right. We will be very sorry though, we really enjoy going there and have been a lot. I'm sure the new owners will maintain the standard. Its certainly in a great position, busy winter and summer. I hope some of the staff stay on.

Offline Shaka

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 15:34:35 PM »
Hello All,

As of Monday evening I have sold Shaka to a friend of mine who also owns the Hilmi Fish Restaurant in the fish Market.

It will still be called Shaka and some of my staff will stay there till the end of the season and maybe even through the winter, I would like to thank every one of you  for your custom in the past one year we were open, we tried to look after everybody as good as we can, I m sure we have made mistakes every now and then so apologies for that, the new owners will not change Shaka s style and keep the menu very similar to what it is now, since they are also butchers they will concentrate on steaks more which I am sure will make most of you happy as steaks were our biggest sellers.

They will also do free service within Fethiye area for 4 ppl and more, they will also work with CBF with 10 % discount as we have agreed when you show your badge. Phone numbers are still the same 02526148842 for reservations.

Once again thank you all for your custom and hope you will find the new Shaka better than what it was before.

I ll be around so any questions please feel free to ask.

Happy Eating  :)

Osman Gurkan.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 15:36:44 PM »
Oh we'll.... I'll never get my money back now for my bad meal!!!

Offline Eric

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 15:43:36 PM »
You can't please everyone eh?  :( There is nothing like wishing a new venture the best of luck and the past owner good wishes for the future! >:(

Good luck with your next venture.  Osman, you made (most) people happy with your style and food quality. ;D  ;)

Offline Shaka

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 15:46:12 PM »

Thank you Eric,

See you in Buzz Bar for few beers  :)

You can't please everyone eh?  :( There is nothing like wishing a new venture the best of luck and the past owner good wishes for the future! >:(

Good luck with your next venture.  Osman, you made (most) people happy with your style and food quality. ;D   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 15:49:27 PM »
Glad to see the new owners will be offering the 10% discount for CBF badge wearers.

Good luck Osman, we enjoyed Shaka and I hope your friends can keep the standard you set.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf