Author Topic: Entertainment for Europeans  (Read 8782 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Entertainment for Europeans
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »
if people think that the likes of... Paul Wynter are "has-beens", I dread to think what the talent of today is!!!!
No-one can call Paul Wynter a has-been, even Ian isn't brave enough to do that, not that he'd want to of course!

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »
I've often wondered why Ian and Paul don't do a duet night.

On the subject of has beens (in this topic, not in that last sentence!!) I think people living in Fethiye now have it too good, back in "our day" there were some individuals that could never be called "has beens", more "never could be's" :D

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »
Nigel & Ian (Kismetbar), I hould have said  "SOME of the acts" and shouldn't have generalised. I will choose my words more carefully in future. But in reality, I was referring to a couple of acts who are quite frankly crap!. I do exclude your good selves in my obsevations as I have many a good I offended you.night in your place, although that wasnt clear in my previous post.  I apologise if I offended you, it was not intentional.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »
Personally, when I see the sign saying "entertainment tonight.... " I chalk that one done as one to avoid.  Maybe its a flashback to those days Mr S is talking about, or maybe I just don't feel the need to be "entertained" every time I go for a drink. 

JF

Offline big a

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 12:46:49 PM »
 ;Ian at kismet has a marvelous voice and a great personality if he was singing at social clubs in uk You would pay to watch him so where the words has beens  come from loses me  so why don't the moaners do themselves a favour and pay a visit to kismet on Friday nights and be thoroughly entertained free of charge

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »
Nobody is moaning about that.

Offline joannasal

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 16:38:19 PM »
Personally, when I see the sign saying "entertainment tonight.... " I chalk that one done as one to avoid.  Maybe its a flashback to those days Mr S is talking about, or maybe I just don't feel the need to be "entertained" every time I go for a drink. 

JF

I second that JF. The ONLY entertainment I want when I go out is conversation and laughter with the people I am with and the fire dancers (but not every time!).

Offline marina

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 17:12:21 PM »
Pretty much our thoughts too joannasal.  Whenever any of the restaurant guys try to get us in with the words 'we have great singer/dancer or whatever in tonight' we usually smile and say 'ok, see you tomorrow'!

There may be some good entertainers around but we've not seen or heard one yet and as others have said we'd rather enjoy a good meal and a few drinks and conversation when we go out. 

Offline loiner

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 17:57:46 PM »
Well said Kismet

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2013, 22:25:08 PM »
It's come a long way in ten years. In the early days of our life over there you would be grateful for the entertainment of a man in a Michael Jackson mask miming to 'Thriller'.

Ten years on we can now enjoy a fluffy haired pensioner in dark sunglasses, miming to Rod Stewart tracks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf