Author Topic: Kings Garden  (Read 4131 times)

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
Re: Kings Garden
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 01:32:38 AM »
I must be the only person to be disappointed. I had read all the reviews and it was not as I imagined.I pictured a restaurant up in the mountains, with amazing views!  The sunset was beautifull, just as it is in calis!  We overlooked buildings with rubber tyres and rubbish strewn everywhere. We did the 199 step climb to the tomb between courses and had some photo's taken, they were lovely, 10 lira each!! The food was okay! and the bill was. 385 lira for 6 adults, included 6 beers and bottle wine.
I have to say we enjoyed eating in Calis so much more!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
So, what was your complaint?  I am finding it hard to fathom?   It's not Salih's fault there are rooftops under his place, but most people look out to the mountains sea and and into the distance.  We actually had a professional photographer next to us last time and he was loving the view and spent all night taking photographs.  Secondly, there ARE 199 steps to the tomb, (I  first did in in a long dress and high heels) but that's part of the fun and the view up there is breathtaking.  Thirdly, you don't have to pay the 10 lira (£3.00) for a professional photograph, it's just on offer.  We did  love ours and this new service. Our picture is now framed.   Lastly it cost you approximately £130.00 for six people that's about £21.00 each for meals drinks and wine plus free transport from your accommodation and back again. I wonder where you could get this sort of value for money in the U.K.? :o
I am really glad that 99% of us enjoy our trips to the Kings Garden and look forward to returning each visit we make.    ;)
Don't worry Salih we will see you next month and are grateful for your wonderful service.  We know how hard you work for your great restaurant.  ;D  However, some people are extremely hard to please.  >:(

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »
I'm with Jaquie on this one.  We loved Kings Garden, we didn't sit right next to the window, but enjoyed the views over Fethiye and all round the bay.  10 Lira is cheap for the really nice photos, we bought three, and as Jaquie says you did not have to purchase.  As for the bill I don't think you could get anything like it in the UK.  We had a brilliant night and will certainly go again.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it's good to hear different ones if we are to make choices. I don't think they are comparing it to UK prices but to restaurants in Calis. It wasn't such a bad review, just not what they expected.

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Everybody is entitled to their opinion! My point was it wasnt as I expected! I didnt dispute the 199 steps, we did it and got lots of photos! And we had all 6 photos off the photographer, memories of our holiday. Which I will add was amazing  :) But this is a forum, where everybody is entitled to their opininion. Lets just say it wasnt perfect as people lead you to believe!  I mentioned the cost purely for information, I know exactly how much it breaks down to! and £21 each is great value in comparisson to home!  But then I never disputed this. I sncerely answered the original post for information about kings garden, in my opinion  :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
Looking forward to my visit or two in a weeks time.  :)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »
We took family there last year in May and we also had what I consider was a poor meal with poor service and I decided to take our party because of the reviews on CBF. On this occasion I was disappointed and to date have not yet returned but will go again as I am fully aware that you can catch any establishment providing food on a bad day. That said if the food provided in totally inedible/off etc I probably wouldn't gove it another go.

Having read some of the post relating to this topic I still cannot see why people relate the cost of what you pay in Turkey or any other country to what you pay at home. It may be better or worse value than at "home" but that should not be the point. You can get exceptional food around the world for a lot less than you can in Turkey but no one ever says that meal in Turkey was so expensive compared to say Thailand......and that is without the hot sauce  ;)  ;)

When I go back to Kings Garden in September I will look forward to adding a more positive review and being one of the people who have had a really good meal.

Always remember food as with most things is objective  :)  :)

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 14:30:32 PM »
jacqtay

Please try again if you want to, but this time bear in mind the request to keep insults to fellow members off the forum  - we are here to help people who like the same area of Turkey we do, not to tear lumps out of each other.

You are correct that forums are for opinions and CBF welcomes all opinions good and bad - sarahandmark have given theirs and others have replied with theirs. I am a huge fan of Kings Garden and Salih, but all opinions are sought on Calis Beach Forum.

Thanks    :)

Scunner

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 14:49:30 PM »
p.s. sarahandmark, I'm sure the people who are so poor that they use old tyres to keep their tarpaulin sheet roof on will be gutted to learn that they put you off your posh dinner   ;)

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 15:22:08 PM »
We enjoyed our visit to the KG  and like Saraandmark felt a little disappointed after reading the reviews before we went. I think I expected more of an experience and most likely set my expectations to high, though tbh Im not sure what didn't do it for  me, Food, service and location was all very good and the walk up the steps was a good way of working up our appetite , hubby didn't do the steps cause of his bad back so we took lots of pics for him to see   :) .
Later in the evening we are sure we seen a person sleeping on a roof down below and this was a good talking point for the kids on the journey back to our apartments  ;D .
We will return again some time for sure as like I said food/service/views all V good and my expectations wont be so high next time.
Thanks Kings Garden.

Ps: Duly noted Scunner   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf