Author Topic: Cadde Cafe now temporarliy closed.  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cadde Cafe now temporarliy closed.
« on: August 01, 2013, 22:10:04 PM »
Read on the Turkey's For Life Blog that structural damage as a result of the last earthquake has been found at the excellent Cadde Cafe in Fethiye.
It has moved temporarily whilst work is being carried out to a site next to the Car Cemetery in Papatur.
We will really miss it this time, hope it's opened again soon.  :(

Offline sadler

Re: Cadde Cafe now temporarliy closed.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 18:47:43 PM »
Has there been another earthquake, or is this from the one last June? :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 19:22:44 PM »
It's damage just found from last year's earthquake

Offline UPtownr

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 20:26:35 PM »
Hello all. I'd like to update all those friends that are fond of CADDE Fethiye (which had to close its doors due to a structural damage from the 2012 earthquake borne out of a renovation done in the building)

As most of you know, Talip, had relocated the 'live music' portion of that place to Paspatur, as CADDE Paspatur Live (Turkish Pop) Music https://www.facebook.com/CaddePaspatur w/Bora Gölbaşı as the soloist. This locale is open most of the week from 11:30pm until the last table calls it a night, most of the time around 4:00 or 5:am. But this place has no food and mostly appeals to the local Turkish speaking crowd.

Talip took an opportunity to open a larger place, up in OVACIK, and will NOT be returning back to the old 4-story high building. A LA TURKA KITCHEN & BAR https://www.facebook.com/ALaTurkaKitchen has opened its doors beginning of June, with a new Chef and kitchen staff, however with most of the same dynamic crew that used to work on the old location.

The re is also this Shisha & Cocktail Lounge adjacent to it, called THE POST OFFICE, as an extension of the restaurant into open air.

I've been a regular there ever since it has opened its doors (disclaimer: Talip and I have become good buddies ever since I first visited CADDE a year ago and liked his attitude towards business and life in general), the portions are generous (read: doggie bags), the Chef and his team know their stuff -especially sauces-, the ambiance is unique (in a pleasant way) -though construction is in its final stages, this does not effect what comes out of the kitchen, the waitstaff is dynamic and service oriented.  The cocktail, daytime and dinner menus are all fun to read through and have a wide selection of cuisines.

I'll stop here, and let you write the rest of the story -come and check it out yourselves. They will come and pick you up if you call and ask them to.

Cheers
Jacob d.Locavore.

p.s. for Scunner: I re-read this post AFTER seeing your comment elsewhere on my writing style, and modified it by removing most of the adjectives and trying to stick to 'just the facts ma'am"  ;) hope this meets your approval.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 19:52:50 PM by UPtownr »

Offline yabanci

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 16:06:28 PM »
The old Cadde Cafe site has been rebuilt and is opening as a Sultan Pastanesi or Saliha Sultan as they are now rebranded as.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf