Author Topic: Kargi museum breakfast place now has 7 donkeys  (Read 3897 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Kargi museum breakfast place now has 7 donkeys
« on: August 02, 2013, 15:55:46 PM »
Last year after removing 3 poorly looked after donkeys the owner of this place promised he wouldn't get any more and admitted he doesn't know how to care for them.
This was followed a few months later with a story in the land of lights in February this year saying that he is now selling donkey milk at 80tl a litre and the story sang the praises of the health benefits ( to my disgust and I wrote and told them what I thought)
Anyway, following comments and concerns on FB John went to investigate today to see the mother and her foal reported there only to find in fact there are now 7 donkeys.
It seems that 2, possibly 3 of these donkeys are pregnant.
Conditions don't seem to have improved.
No bedding.... We were reliably informed by the lady who re homed the last ones that a donkey won't lie down and sleep on a dirty floor with no bedding.
A drum of grass cuttings seemed to be their food, potentially dangerous to a donkeys stomach, and their hooves, same as the last ones, need attention.

I won't be visiting there to eat again, am so upset by this.

Offline milliemars

Re: Kargi museum breakfast place now has 7 donkeys
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 16:03:24 PM »
I was going to go yesterday but was asked not to because of the situation with the Donkeys. ,so went to Cinbal,s instead and was lovely.Will he never learn  >:(

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 17:04:47 PM »
This is awful. Has he got the donkeys there to produce the milk at 80TL a litre?

One place for animal lovers to give a miss.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 17:13:54 PM »
Well done for posting this Linda... as I said to you people should know that when they are having their "wonderful village breakfast" what is actually happening underneath the place...The only way to make this man understand how cruel this is for people to stop eating there...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 19:35:15 PM »
I am so surprised to read this.  I thought after the last donkeys where taken from him and re-homed he promised to have no more.
He is deluded if he thinks that donkeys mean more tourists.  We were going to have breakfast there next month, but will not be going now and will tell everyone else we know to avoid this place.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 21:10:19 PM »
went there last Friday. imo breakfast overpriced. then the owner? proceeded to show our company the donkey wedding?????????????? seemed to be pleased with this. however after reading the previous comments will certainly not be advising any of my friends to visit kargi.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Have not been but often wanted to never got round to it, certainly will not be going now, well done Linda for letting people know about the situation of the poor donkey's and how this man has gone back on his word :(

Offline scorcher

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
Could someone explain to me how not going for breakfast and the museum will positively help the plight of these unfortunate donkeys. Can't see the logic.

Offline Shamless2

Kargi museum breakfast place now has 7 donkeys
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »
Fresh cut grass will give horses and donkeys colic, leading to a painful death. Not thats got anything to do with eating breakfast there, just a bit of trivial information on equine digestive systems, I'm a mine of information on ruminants too if any of you need it?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 13:36:37 PM »
Because he got rid of his others to a sanctuary when he found out that loss of trade was hurting his pocket to some tune... He went back on his word when he thought that he could make 80tl per litre on their milk..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf