Author Topic: Health & Safety Warning: Sundial Restaurant Fethiye  (Read 6508 times)

Offline melekabli

• Newly Registered
Re: Health & Safety Warning: Sundial Restaurant Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »
Would you have preferred a suit and tie!! How shallow! He is a delightful man who was actually doing you a favour!! Typical Brit, always has to have something to moan about!

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »
I have just reviewed our recent visit,may be worth a gander

Offline Shamless2

Health & Safety Warning: Sundial Restaurant Fethiye
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 11:38:25 AM »
I would have been well impressed if he had done that for us!

Offline bud griffiths

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
Reported on Tripadvisor, please note the following outrageous behaviour of Murat, the owner of the Sundial Restaurant. What is he thinking!

"I arranged a collection from the Sundial to be picked up at 6.30 from next to the Candlelight Hotel where I live. The pick up arrived only to collect 11 people from The Candlelight Hotel - no room for us there were 7 of us. The driver phoned the owner of the Sundial and he came himself to pick us up 20 minutes later. I was not impressed with him as he looked as though he had just done a days gardening - cut of denim shorts and a t.shirt his hair uncombed".

The man is a disgrace :D

Full review: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g298031-d1544425-r169564905-Sundial_Restaurant-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html
Hi , I am struggling with this comment , Murat is usually a lovely friendly man , He is not the chauffeur driver for the sundial, he is the owner , And he went out of his way too pick you up . WHY DIDNT YOU GET A TAXI , every time we have been too the sundial Murat has been nothing less than a gentleman . He always has a kind word for everyone, but we don't expect him too entertain us. Yes he is a bit hippy ish , but that's his choice . We don't own him just because we drink in his hotel. some people havnt got a kind word even about themselves ... GOOD LUCK MURAT IN ALL THAT YOU DO. Regards Bud Griffiths .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »

Hi , I am struggling with this comment , Murat is usually a lovely friendly man , He is not the chauffeur driver for the sundial, he is the owner , And he went out of his way too pick you up . WHY DIDNT YOU GET A TAXI

Do you think I wrote the review?

Offline sunlover

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 15:24:26 PM »
When we went to the sundial last year we had a great time, great service with the pick up and return home, Murat never picked us up, but at the end of the evening as we were the last people to leave he took us all home, he , yes, was dressed in jean shorts and t shirt, and did look scruffy, but we were certainly not bothered by this, what we love is the service, food and ambiance of the place.

Leave Murat be who he is, a lovely man.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 15:48:01 PM »
We too love the Sundial and Murat he is a lovely chap  :)just what do some people want in life eh :(

Offline snowtop

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 15:57:43 PM »
Surely a man of his stature and position in society, should have had a short haircut, pin striped suit, dickie bow and a bowler with a furled umbrella.  if that's what you want do not come to laid back calis.  We are here to live and enjoy, not to impress with ''How good I look, never mind the food and ambience''.
You cannot please everyone as I found out when I was in business.  Carry on Murat, life is short, enjoy it and as long as you stay clean we are happy.

Offline snowtop

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 16:00:01 PM »
ps I did read scunners comments before replying, just thought I would add a little extra

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 13:20:47 PM »
Well said snowtop I love the place my favourite restaurant,some people these days think they are one cut above others,im out in turkey 3months of year always in cut down jeans and always on my electric scooter and some of the looks I get,if looks could kill I would be well dead by now mind you I am in my sixties but hey what the dame.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf