Author Topic: Boat Accident  (Read 10232 times)

Offline tel

Re: Boat Accident
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 16:05:32 PM »
Tragic loss of life. surely you must know when you hit something no matter where you are looking. My thoughts go out to his family.
The kite surfers around Calis are another accident waiting to happen as they jump about and weave close to swimmers.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 16:40:17 PM »
Have read it was the Skipper of the C.&.T. Boat who was killed.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 16:48:28 PM »
sadly the man was a fairly new barman on Tayfuns boat, going for a swim and was hit by the banana boat, I was in their office today all very sad :(

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 17:05:46 PM »
It's absolutely dreadful news, so sad.
I've always been concerned when people go off snorkelling they are unaware of what is going on around them, their minds are elsewhere, its a disaster waiting to happen, and unfortunately it just has.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 17:21:53 PM »
This is a really tragic  thing to have happened to this poor man.. As others are saying very suprising that it hasn't happened before now.  The windsurfers on Calis front and the water sports at Gemiller make you hair stand on end the near misses that happen..my thoughts are with this mans family.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 19:28:13 PM »
Similar to the White Water Rafting, in as much as the Turkish operators of such "fun" pastimes, have absolutely no sense of health & safety towards their customers, or, seemingly, any level of REAL lasting  concern, when the excrement hits the fan, or someone's head hits the propeller !!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 19:51:24 PM »
we where staying in alanya one year and went on a boat trip. hubbie and i and another couple sat on the beach and was watching the speed boat pulling the people on the rings, and he came in too near to the beach. i thenwatched  him go over a turkish fella .i commented to rob that the boat had hit the fella and next minute there was blood coming to the survive.the poor man was sliced to ribbons by the boat propeller, it was an awful sight i still remember it to this day

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 20:34:11 PM »
A tragic accident and a young life lost, heartfelt sympathy to his family .

I would like to add as a keen speedboat owner and waterski fanatic please don't tarnish all water sports enthusiasts with the acts of mindless others, some of us do have all the correct paperwork , certificates and safety plays a major part, with me anyway . Unfortunately others in all sports and pastimes blantently ignore this and tragedies similar to this is often the end result .

Offline Menthol

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 21:04:06 PM »
How truly awful - he was a similar age to my own sons. Rest in Peace, young sir.

Perhaps we should boycott such rides? Whilst the UK is Health and Safety ridiculous at times, I know this is unlikely to have ever happened at a British resort.

We need to be a little more insistent with our Turkish friends.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 21:28:18 PM »
Sadly Menthol this did happen in the UK just of the Cornish coast in May this year when a Father and young Daughter were tragically killed and the mother lost her leg when there boat got out of control, only the quick heroic actions of a waterski instructer saved other lives from being lost .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf