Author Topic: Fish Restaurant  (Read 6767 times)

Offline mickysparks

Fish Restaurant
« on: September 03, 2013, 22:57:46 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good Fish restaurant, not the market, as we have been disappointed on 2 occassions.  My wife likes squid and octopus  :-\ that is fresh well cooked and not like a piece of rubber.
Feel sick just writting this, (Hate it myself) however, to show that I care and wish to treat her to a banquet of her particular love, can anyone help please?

Thank you, Mickeysparks 

Offline sunlover

Re: Fish Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
Have you tried Oztoklu in the fish market, he is actually in the vegetable market, and is the only restaurant in there so cant miss him, never had a bad meal there, certainly not rubber food .

Give them a try lots of others will recommend him, check out his trip advisor reports.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »
Me and my wife love fish and over the years we have eaten many times at Okyanus on the Calis sea front.Everything is fresh and cooked perfectly .Also  Deniz restaurant in Fethiye next to the new town square very good. And on the new prom coming from Fethiye to Calis there arA two one next to the sea and the other on the other side of the road.AND IF YOU FANCY SOMETHING A BIT MORE PRICY you can try Ada Island there fish is also very nice and view to die for plus a free speed boat ride. :P :P

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »
Hi Mac2010, I think you mean Ada restaurant on Sovalye island, but got to agree with you, it is a very nice place to eat and the views are fantastic. We didn't have fish on the occasion we visited but everything we did order was lovely - the only criticism my husband had was that his pepper steak was more like steak with a gravy sauce. He did politely mention this to the waiter who said he was glad that he had said something because if someone tells them then they will know for the future. Anyway, all in all it was a lovely night and the speedboat trip was good fun. As you said, it was a little pricey compared to some places but well worth it. A really nice experience.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »
Yengec Restaurant @ no 42 Yes Marina, Karagozler.  +90 252 612 8383 www.yengecrestaurant.com.tr
Really special,they supported the 3 C's auction last year.we successfully bid for the lot,unfortunately they didn't put a lot in this year.
They are a Fish Restaurant only and their food is excellent.
Only hope if you or anyone else goes they don't let us down.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:33:20 AM by George Warner »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 16:21:07 PM »
I'd agree that Okyanus is good but I maintain that the squid/calamari at Recep's in the fish market is the best in the entire World  :)

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 16:32:16 PM »
Ah, but have you had the calamari at Shaka?  No, we haven't either  ;D  but one of our guests said it was the best calamari he's ever had and he orders it everywhere.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 16:34:24 PM »
I order it everywhere although to be honest I haven't eaten in every restaurant in the World.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 16:36:04 PM »
...yet    ;)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 18:01:34 PM »
Calamari at Oztoklu is amazing! Comes in a garlic, cream and wine sauce.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf