Author Topic: Restaurants in Fethiye  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Stortman

• Formerly the artist known as Essexboy
Restaurants in Fethiye
« on: September 23, 2013, 21:47:20 PM »
Having just come back from 2 fantastic weeks I just wanted to give a few comments on restaurants we have used previously and some new ones:
Best newcomer: Denizati on the promenade. Great service and good choice of food well cooked and presented.

Most disappointing: Shaka under new ownership. Poor meal and little concern that the steak was the toughest I've ever tried. Couldn't eat it and amazing how staff disappear when you voice a concern! This was sad because Shaka had always been one of our favourites.

Poorest service: Verandah (Is it just a coincidence it's next to Shaka). There were only 4 of us eating but attention to any kind of request was completely lacking. Shame because the food was quite nice.

Old favourites: Mosaic Bahce continue to deliver the goods - great job again Nicola and Dogan! . Yacht Boutique with great tasting food.

Also went to brand new HK restaurant on the Kordon.( if you stand between Nayla and Bogazici and look across the street it looks a bit like a hotel).   Food great, wine is just taking the proverbial. Not sure they'll sell much at 96 (yes ninety six!) lira a bottle. Great set menu though and my recommendation is don't have a lot to eat the day you go there as with something like 9 meze starters, huge amounts of meat served on a shish sword with a flourish onto flatbread with salads and 9 different desserts all for 45 lira a head then it does reflect great value for money.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Restaurants in Fethiye
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 22:27:57 PM »
You're welcome Stortman and thanks for the great feedback   :)

Just out of interest is the new HK restaurant the one owned by the same people who have the Tıryaki Hotel in Çaliş? We were thinking of giving it a try.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 00:21:29 AM »
Where is the HK restraurant if its Halfe as good as Tiriaki would like it.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 06:10:59 AM »
Nicola, it is the same people. the 1 mtr shish was originally at the Teryaki but got too popular, so moved it to HK, i have had conflicting reports about HK but will reserve judgement until i try myself.

Offline Stortman

• Formerly the artist known as Essexboy
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 14:56:57 PM »
Dycedon - I must admit the service and organisation in HK was somewhat chaotic and everyone eager to please but then it had only been open about 3 days when we went there. Also waiters must have to be the fittest in Fethiye with all the stairs they have to run up and down.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 15:33:18 PM »
Also ate in The Verandah as wanted to give Shaka a miss after hearing the poor feedback.

Truly awful service. Food pretty decent.

It must have been my face I think. The two older Brit ladies languishing on low seating with just a bottle of wine and 2 packets of fags between them must have been related to Turkish royalty. The staff were fawning over them. We struggled to get someone to bring some salt to the table.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 16:30:29 PM »
We had a lovely lunch at the Shaka a couple of weeks ago.  The service was excellent and the meal was excellent and top marks for the home made lemonade..     ;) ;D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 16:49:55 PM »
You do look like royalty though, Jacqui .......   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 19:41:33 PM »
Maybe, but this avatar picture was taken at my son's wedding, I don't normally have large feathers in my hair. So, Methol time for a picture of you, so we can see if you are are Duchess lookalike.  ;D  ;)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 20:40:48 PM »
We went to Teryaki last year but didn't like the staff standing staring at us! The chicken part of the skewer was rubbish just gristle

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf