Author Topic: Calis roadworks  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Harley

Calis roadworks
« on: October 19, 2013, 05:27:55 AM »
Thank god the end is near.... Calis is looking so much better than it did in April. Ok they have still a fair bit to do to complete the roadworks, but it's definitely looking a lot smarter.

I'm assuming once the work has been completed, the authorities will heavily advertise they area to increase tourism, so it can compete with the likes of. Marmaris, Bodrum, Icmeler etc.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Calis roadworks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 07:18:08 AM »
Don't think I would like it to be like Marmaris or Bodrum though Harley.  ;)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
I've heard rumours that the long term plan is to make Calis very posh and attract customers from Saudi, Kuwait, etc.
It may just be a rumour, but let's hope whatever happens it never turns into Marmaris, Bodrum etc.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »
The guy we use for tranfers Ilkay of Torquoise Transfers who is also a very good friend was telling in Sept that he has had a few transfers for middle eastern people, i think they were Kuwaitis, Calis to Antalya/Bodrum, good work if you can get it and he was saying there will probably be more on the way.

Offline Harley

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 09:21:20 AM »
I'd rather it not turn into Marmaris either, but they need more tourist to help keep the local businesses afloat. As long as they implement basic rules and stick to them to avoid it becoming wee head alley then it should be fine. The vast majority of tourist still want to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the sun and not see bodies laying in the gutters out of their faces....  Like it is back at home.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 14:02:16 PM »

I've heard rumours that the long term plan is to make Calis very posh and attract customers from Saudi, Kuwait, etc.
It may just be a rumour, but let's hope whatever happens it never turns into Marmaris, Bodrum etc.

Yeah I can just picture it now

Dozens of oil rich sheiks and multi billionaire A-rabs  packing into the Nil Bar for greasy egg n chips!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 14:51:44 PM by saoirse »

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 16:21:16 PM »
[I'm assuming once the work has been completed, the authorities will heavily advertise they area to increase tourism, so it can compete with the likes of. Marmaris, Bodrum, Icmeler etc.
[/quote]Certainly hope not!!!

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 21:10:58 PM »
i doubt if a few lock blocks will make much odds to attracting visitors.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 21:55:36 PM »
Maybe the improvements are more to win favour for the elections due next year and less about tempting oil billionaires to Gunlukbasi ?

Offline Harley

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 07:29:01 AM »
Well what ever the reason Calis will look bloody lovely ONCE the work has been completed.  I wouldn't kid yourselves though, I can't see them investing all this money to keep it a hidden gem, they are going to want something in return. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf