Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 2340 times)

Offline KH

• Newly Registered
Hello :)
« on: October 28, 2013, 12:11:51 PM »
Hi . I'm new to the forum. I will be visiting Calis and actually Turkey for the first time next year. Myself ,hubby and our girls aged 8 & 10 will be staying in a villa with family who have stayed in Fethiye and Calis a couple of times already. I'm looking for the best places to eat and visit etc ahead of our holiday ,hopefully you can help there.

Offline Lotty

Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
Hi and welcome! You will find everything and more on here by using the search facility. I guarantee you will enjoy reading them too. After that you can select those that places and restaurants that you fancy. Enjoy! :D

Offline calisbound

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 14:02:39 PM »
Hello

You have come to the right place. I visited Calis Beach in August for the first time. Before I came I read just about everything on the forum and am so glad that I did. They have fabulous reviews for restaurants, places to go and more importantly things/places not to go to!

My family and I loved Mozaik Bahce Restaurant in Fethiye. Its just behind Domino Pizza. It was the stand out restaurant.
Everything was so fresh, portions enormous, and very very reasonably priced. The staff were all charming, whether we visited lunch time or in the evening.
To be honest though, we ate out every day and enjoyed all our food.

With regards to places to go, I recommend Sakklikent Gorge. Whether you go on an organised tour or get a dolmus there.

Once you have read the threads on the forum, don't be afraid to ask specific questions. There are some truly fabulous contributors who made my families holiday, due to the wonderful advice they gave before we came out. One big tip is to download the restaurant locations guide (donation to the 3'c charity required) for Calis. This was invaluable to us, particularly on our first night as we were able to quickly find a recommended restaurant when we were all starving. I also recommend reading "Turkeys for Life" blog. Lots of photo's and advice. They are on Facebook and if you look on Google.

Above all have fun. xxx

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 14:14:30 PM »
Hi and welcome.  Already some good advice here.  Just keep reading the forum for things that interest you (though it does become addictive and you may find yourself logging on more and more!)  Anything you can't find the answer to, just post a question and someone will know the answer, or point you in the right direction.

We fell in love with Turkey the first time we visited 12 years ago, and still do.  Hope you have a fabulous time.   ;D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 19:37:43 PM »
hi and a warm welcome to you all

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 19:47:15 PM »
Welcome

Voting for the Best Bar/Restaurant 2013 will shortly be underway.

Here is the link to the 2012 results which will give you an idea of the most popular establishments

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/best_calis_bar_restaurant_season_2012_please_vote_47886.0.html

Offline KH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
Thank you all so much. I will get searching the forum then. Its ages yet till we go but I do like to organise  :) We travel the end of August / first week of September. The villa is called Gevrock ,not sure if its in a good location as the maps are a little vague really. Thanks again .

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 19:42:32 PM »
welcome to the cbf full of info

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 21:28:14 PM »
Once in Calis, always here, its totally addictive, all the people on here are totally in awe of the hold the place has on us, when we get home all we can think of is going back "home".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf