Author Topic: Visa Query  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Cas3

• Newly Registered
Visa Query
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
Hi
I am getting increasingly concerned about the variations in interpretation and application of the visa rules.  My husband and I bought a property in Calis in 2009 and have visited frequently on the 90 day visa since then.  This year we went out at end of April and again mid September to late October, not exceeding the 90 days or 180.  However, as we had booked to come out at new year I thought I would get an e-visa which started on 17 September and expires on 15 March 14.  I did not realise of course that they could not overlap and was told that the e-visa would then be invalid.  My bottom line question is therefore, will we be able to use this visa when we come out at new year?  Whilst I don't have a problem if we have to get another one on arrival, we will only have been out of Turkey for something like 66 days so the comments about the 'rolling 180 days' issue are worrying!!  Also we were thinking about applying for a residency permit when we come out, but not now sure if that is the best option?!  Talk about confused.com!!  Any help and clarification will be most welcome.
Cheers

Offline thekeyclan

Re: Visa Query
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 17:34:11 PM »
As I understand it, your 180 days started when you purchased your visa in April, you were then able to stay in Turkey at any time during the next 180 days, as long as the total didn't exceed 90 days in total. Your next visa therefore can then start at anytime once  (but not before) the 180 days has expired. The process as explained then starts once again.
Re residency, we visit our villa 4/5 times a year and visit typically for 16-20 weeks, so the decision to get a residency permit was made somewhat easier for us. The rules for residency are due to change next April, and at this point in time, no one knows wether the new rules will be more cost effective, or indeed more or less difficult to obtain. But our visas expire in January next year, and we have decided to take out the present maximum available (5 year residency) at that time, as we feel the cost and process presently are neither expensive nor onerous.

Offline Cas3

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 16:56:17 PM »
Thanks for your response. We are going to apply for residency when we visit at end of year. Fingers crossed!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:55:17 AM »
This might explain what has happened and how you should calculate your days in Turkey

http://www.yellali.com/news/article/33/90-180-day-tourist-visa-for-turkey-new-rules-explained

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf