Author Topic: How was Your Xmas Dinner  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
How was Your Xmas Dinner
« on: December 25, 2013, 17:50:25 PM »
A lot was written in the lead up to Christmas Dinner about the merits or otherwise of a number of restaurants, so how was yours?

We went to the Shaka, despite being told by some people beforehand that it was fully booked, it wasn't !

The menu looked lovely, I think it listed six starters preceded by mulled wine, a main course and desert. We took our table and ordered our choice from the starters, only to find out that you got them all !

Mulled Wine
Half a loaf of freshly baked bread with olive oil and balsamic
Creamy Vegetable Soup
Thinly carved smoked beef and cheese plate (6 cheeses inc. Danish Blue) walnuts etc.
King prawn rolls with sweet chilli jam
Smoked sausage with Zucchini fritter with garlic purée and guacamole
Pomegranate Sorbet
Winter salad dish with sun dried tomatoes and pomegranate seeds

Roast Turkey, vegetables, smoked rice, jacket potato, gravy (Jus)

Lemon Cheesecake, chocolate brownie, ice cream & sorbet

Coffee !

We also had a bottle of really nice Villa Doluca Klassic and a Brandy to finish.

The bill for this feast, set on the sea front was less than £65 for both of us. The food was not only delicious, but presented wonderfully.

Thank You Shaka. It was just a wonderful meal

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: How was Your Xmas Dinner
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 17:56:15 PM »
Sounds fantastic, I know the local places round here were charging £60.00 a head, with about half of that menu, and no drink!!

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 23:03:29 PM »
Wonderful!
Taxi picked me up 5.40am to take me to work,waited 70 min for taxi to take me home at 21.10
Got home 22.00.
 No brake, no lunch,eat dinner at 22.30.
   Not the best Christmas Day for me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 23:08:14 PM »
Would be great to hear more reports on how the much advertising restaurants around Calis and Fethiye managed to live up to their impressive menus. Very interested to hear how it went at the Sevi.

Offline Frank and Trinette

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »
We had a lovely evening Christmas dinner at the new Carnival hotel on Fethiye Harbour. Lovely food,  lovely menu,  good price. Sadly only a few there and maybe should have been advertised more,  but worth remembering for next year. At TL49 such a bargain as well.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »
The Sevi was great Keith. we arrived around 1 o'clock, sat in the sun by the pool with pre Christmas lunch drinkies, we were called in for the meal around half 2, a very large well presented wedge of pate (made by our local sausage man :-) ) for most of us and the others choosing the prawn cocktail. The main came out and was very good and hot, lovely roasties, mash, carrots, sprouts, broccoli and of course a good portion of turkey. there was then a break!!! for mulled wine and mince pies, again very good, when we felt we could eat some more there was a choice of lemon cheesecake or apple crumble, most had the apple crumble, again a large slice, served with 2 scoops of ice cream, I have to say that the apple crumble was absolutely gorgeous.
Then time to relax until the entertainment arrived which was Emre and very good he was too, managing to even get me up dancing. Nibbles were put on the tables in the evening as well. All this and the drinks included in the price, which said local spirits, I don't know when they started to produce Bells whiskey and Gordons Gin in Turkey!!!!! but that's what we were drinking. we eventually went home around 11 o'clock, not because there was any effort made for us to leave, just that we couldn't drink anymore and were starting to overflow    :) . And all for 90tl,  £26 per person. We had a great day, and no washing up    ;) .

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
We went to Kings Garden which was excellent as usual.Only our third visit but Salih treats us as long lost friends. Choice of starters, turkey and choice of sweets. Chestnuts and mulled wine on arrival and a lift there and back. The service was fantastic. Left completely full both from food and alcohol.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 11:04:26 AM »

Sadly only a few there and maybe should have been advertised more

They could have advertised it on here for the very reasonable price of...nothing!

All positive reports so far, excellent.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »
Paid 60 each for dinner up the sticks. It wasn't,t home but it was all lovely n hot 3 courses of the usual Xmas day menu. Looking forward to experiencing Turkey in Turkey next year.

Offline quackers

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
Went Angel in Çıftlık. Lovely 3 course meal and a free drınk. Nıbbles ın the evenıng and mınce pıes provıded by my sıster and me . Hot chestnuts provıded by Angel. Musıc and dancıng till late .An added bonus the latest addıtıon to our famıly our Great Granddaughter was born ın the afternoon. Welcome Kaitlyn Stacey Tinsel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf