Author Topic: SGK Letters  (Read 11761 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
SGK Letters
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 06:46:41 AM »
Anadolu Sigorta in a Fethiye near the obnoxious change man is the one my friend uses that I mentioned on here a couple if weeks ago.shes 64 and took the policy out a few months ago and is cheaper than sgk.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: SGK Letters
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 08:10:19 AM »
I got my letter this morning, had to laugh, it was recorded delivery and the letter had been opened !

I'm not sure if it's asking you to visit the office? Has anyone done the translation please?

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 08:45:41 AM »

The letter opens when they tear of the signature bit George. If any thing like ours, it states your spouse has inadvertently been added to your account.
It also say's if you need to visit the office regarding it's contents and you do not speak Turkish, take a translator. We were going to wait and see what came out of the latest meeting, that has now been cancelled.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)

Offline phil1839

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »
We went to the SGK office the other day with our letter.  I showed it to the Security officer who gave me a number and when that came up I went to the Counter, I told the girl in Turkish that I had received the letter and that neither myself or my wife were in receipt of a UK state pension and I showed her Pension Forecasts from the UK and explained that these showed the dates when we would receive State Pensions.  All the time I was talking to her she was writing, she then showed me what she had written and it said in perfect English 'come with an interpreter'. I asked her in Turkish why but she just ignored me.  I went and had a moan in Turkish to the security officer who took me upstairs to see the lad called Mr. Gonder who speaks English.  He confirmed that all we had to do was sign an undertaking to say that my wife, who is included on my SGK, was not in receipt of a UK State Pension. He then spoke very quickly to the Security officer who took us downstairs and showed  us the sign by the door that said 'Come with a Turkish Guide'. Unfortunately I did not know the Turkish for Monkey or I would have told him to stick his SGK where the maymun sticks it's nuts. I have now calmed down and have arranged to go back on Friday with an interpreter.  When we first came to live in Turkey we weren't allowed to join the SGK, it is something they have opened up to us so I can't understand why they are making things so difficult. I will post again after my next visit to the SGK office.  Phil

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »
It seems as crazy as ever. Surely they know/could find out UK pensionable age, then look at the birthdate's on the application forms that were filled in. Ahhh!!! that would be too easy.

(translators must be short of work)

Offline janmack

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »
This just seems to be getting dafter by the day.  Why on earth does someone who speaks Turkish have to bring a translator with them???  This place drive me nuts at times.  Meanwhile I don't know whether to even bother going to the SGK office with my letter as it could all change in the next couple of weeks. 

Offline quackers

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
My friends both retıred and receıvıng UK  pensions went to SGK office this morning with a turkısh frıend (Not a translator). They were told that as the wife was receiving a UK pension she has to have SGK in her own right She needs to get a medıcal done and can use any hospital.(thought you could only use DEVLET as ıt has to be Government Hospital.) Yell Alı interpretation states ıf ın receipt of UK pension you are NOT entitled to SGK. The office knew who they were and that they both have uk pensions. I have not receıved a letter so I am doıng nothing until my payments are refused or I hear somethıng from the Consulate. I call ıt the SGK Hokey Cokey , your ın your out shake ıt all about.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 13:47:41 PM »
so true quackers. excellent post. watch this space.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 18:05:14 PM »
My friends both retıred and receıvıng UK  pensions went to SGK office this morning with a turkısh frıend (Not a translator). They were told that as the wife was receiving a UK pension she has to have SGK in her own right She needs to get a medıcal done and can use any hospital.(thought you could only use DEVLET as ıt has to be Government Hospital.) Yell Alı interpretation states ıf ın receipt of UK pension you are NOT entitled to SGK. The office knew who they were and that they both have uk pensions. I have not receıved a letter so I am doıng nothing until my payments are refused or I hear somethıng from the Consulate. I call ıt the SGK Hokey Cokey , your ın your out shake ıt all about.

Your friends' experience has just borne out what I have been saying all along, first they want to get everyone paying individually and then when they've had a few months contributions they'll turn around and FINALLY tell you that if you're in receipt of a pension you don't qualify for SGK. They want to make their minds up !!!

I've just checked ours online, my husband is shown on the system but I am not, and he is older than I am so it would be reasonable to suppose that he is also getting a pension, which he is. Durr?

We've more or less made up our minds to just opt out of the whole thing. Will give the Consulate till the end of the month to come up with something. If not then bye bye SGK.

At least we will only need a translater ONCE lol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf