Author Topic: SGK Letters  (Read 11270 times)

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
Re: SGK Letters
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 18:28:51 PM »
Does anyone know if the insurance company called National Life operates in Turkey?

I seem to remember that they did a good group deal.

TC

Offline phil1839

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 18:48:12 PM »
My spin on the rules are that as a male you can have SGK regardless of age. As long as our wife is not in receipt of state pension she is classed as a dependent and is entitled to SGK health care on he husbands SGK, BUT when your wife receives a UK State Pension she is no longer a dependent and must pay for her own SGK. What they haven't taken into account is that not all women have paid full English contributions and are in receipt of reduced state pensions. Phil

Offline quackers

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 06:27:47 AM »
Very true I receıve a reduced rate pensıon. Dont pay for a translator take a turkısh frıend wıth you.

Offline phil1839

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 17:38:05 PM »
Went into the SGK office this morning with the interpreter, all the did was Photostat the Pension Forecasts that we had from the UK to confirm that Pat doesn't get a state pension for 3 and half years and me in 6 years, and that was that, in all it took about ten minutes. Just have to wait and see what happens when they eventually have this meeting. Phil

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 18:07:03 PM »

Thanks for that Phil.

Did you get your pension forecasts from the UK or online. I noticed you can't get a forecast with your details on if you live overseas, just a basic one based on date of birth.

Offline phil1839

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2014, 08:24:53 AM »
Baz, I am trying to remember but I think I ordered them online and they were sent directly by post to Uzumlu from the Pensions Dept. Phil

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »
We got our letter last month just before our trip to the UK. We went into the office today and they didn't even ask our name, they told our interpreter that it's all now been sorted out, everyone can remain in the scheme and the only change being that if you are a married couple and both in receipt of the state pension then you need to register separately and both will need to pay the monthly premium.

So in a nutshell, if you've had a letter requesting you attend the office, just ignore it. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf