Author Topic: Hello, we are visiting in April  (Read 8094 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Hello, we are visiting in April
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 19:35:58 PM »
we will be out april and have been a few times then and got sunburnt for ny cream ,there was enough for us to do

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 20:02:44 PM »

Offline sadler

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 21:49:45 PM »
Jackie, do you have a problem with Calis in April?  It certainly seems that you do........ ???  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 22:49:11 PM »
Maybe Jackie does.  :)  I don't I am looking forward to being there next April, however,  I will not mind it being quiet, sounds like our cup of tea, but unlike the man who asked the original question we will not be taking two kids who will want a swimming pool, a water taxi, everything open and lots to do.  ;D  ;)

Offline Fran

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:10 AM »
Why not ask the complex/villa owners where you are staying if the pool will be ready. On our complex it's ready from April, to allow for visitors for the Easter holidays. I'm in Calis at the moment and the weather is lovely and quite a few more restaurants are open on the prom than in previous years.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2014, 10:38:45 AM »
As the original people who asked about visiting Calis in April have already booked, it really doesn't matter about our opinions.  Lets wait and see what they think when they come back.  Its clear that it will be quieter and cooler than in the summer months, but will give them the chance to explore the area and make their own decisions as to future visits.  As they are tied to school holidays at this time of their lives and the summer months are too hot (and expensive)  April is Calis is better than the UK even if its not all "open".

Offline Alan McKean

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 17:33:06 PM »
Yes, we'll let you know how we get on
Thanks for all the posts, we plan to zip around in the dolmus's and do a bit of walking
Look forward to them being April packed rather than July stuffed...

Offline 160606

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
Also visiting in April, gives you the opportunity to visit the local restaurants that stay open all year and are not around the beach area.  You will find the hosts very pleasant and prices are much lower although the food is probably better as it has to be consistent for them to remain open during the winter and make a profit.  So April's holiday will be different from a summer holiday but just as enjoyable I'm sure.  Enjoy and we fly out on 15th so may bump into you, who knows.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf